Health and Safety Coordinator (Moranbah)
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Are you looking to develop your career in Health and Safety? Ventia requires a SHEQ Coordinator to join their team in Moranbah. This is a permanent full time role offering career growth and development. The role encapsulates hard and soft services including village maintenance and accommodation services.
What's on Offer
- Attractive offer ($100k TFR, plus camp accommodation and meals Monday to Friday)
- Career development and mentorship by experienced advisors
- Access to a variety of Health and Wellness initiatives - including the EAP, Ventia's Healthy Minds program and Healthy Bodies program
- Employee benefits such as corporate travel discounts, Novated leases, private health discounts, credit discounts and more
About the Role
The role provides administration and compliance requirements of the program utilising data systems and processes to foster an integrated approach to SHEQ management in delivering on legal, contractual and business requirements.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with training and compliance across the project (including food and beverage, industrial cleaning and trades)
- Data capturing, compliance checks and site-based inspections including mine site compliance (permits, Standard 11, QCBM, licences, training etc.) and maintaining specific data bases utilised by Ventia
- Ensuring all stakeholders competencies are updated
- Training matrices and liaising with RTOs
- On boarding and inductions of all employees
- Review compliance of risk assessments and perform SHEQ evaluations
- Adhere with all legislation, regulations and standards, and ensure all project activities are undertaken in a safe manner with suitable frameworks and documentation
- Ensure communication and compliance with all policies and procedures
- Ensure Ventia's Critical Risk Protocols are embedded in the project through leaders
- Manage data entry and minute taking
- Deliver safety related training when required (inductions, toolbox, prestart meetings)
Your personal drive and commitment to Enterprise Excellence will see you succeed in this role. You must be able to demonstrate your experience as an administrator or coordinator in safety or compliance within an industrial / construction / mining sector along with the technical skills and knowledge required to perform the role.
- Tertiary qualification in Workplace Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental or Quality Equivalent (advantageous)
- Formal training in incident investigation (desirable)
- Certificate in Training and assessment (desirable)
- Knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements and ISO standards within a utility or infrastructure project environment (desirable)
- Ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships
- Confidence to implement and foster a collaborative workplace culture
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure compliance, minimise risk and drive continuous improvement
- Experienced in contractor management compliance systems
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
Please click on the link below to submit your covering letter and resume.
Position Reference Number: 151980