Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is an established service provider in the Power, Distribution & High Voltage electrical industry. We partner with leading NZ clients providing maintenance, installation, and construction services to a range of substation, industrial & electrical assets.
Ventia are a leading employer that focus on training and development. This is a genuine opportunity for a Protection technician to advance their skill set and to progress into a leadership role.
About the role
An exciting opportunity now exists for an experienced Commissioning Technician to join our collaborative, supportive and inclusive team working either from Wellington or Palmerston North. This role will be working within our Projects team, primarily responsible for working as part of a team that upgrades or builds High Voltage Substations for Transpower and other clients.
As part of Project Works your responsibilities will include ( but not limited to)
- Supporting maintenance works as required as well as carrying out relevant quality checks and audits
- Conducting high voltage substation works with a strong focus around OH&S.
- Fault finding, installation, testing, and programming of substation and electrical assets.
- Managing substation, transformers and switch gear installations
- Consulting manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and engineering personnel in order to trouble shoot and solve equipment
- Undertaking end-to-end tasks for all allocated jobs
There is an expectation to travel within the region that we cover (predominantly in the Hawkes Bay, Wellington, and Palmerston North). This will suit anyone that is keen to travel and explore New Zealand while expanding their skills and experience in the Power industry.
- Competitive pay depending on skills and experience
- Permanent, full-time role at a minimum 40 hours a week
- Living away from home allowance, accommodation, as well as overtime and travel time are covered.
You could come from any sector where there is High voltage work but Generation, Distribution, or Transmission experience are an advantage.
- The successful candidate will hold either a Diploma/Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or an Electrical certificate or licence :
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in power assets
- Hold registration (full, provisional, or limited) from the Electrical Workers Registration Board' (EWRB) as an Electrician or Electrical Engineer
- Practical industry related experience is essential.
- Strong communication skills
What we offer you
- Competitive pay rates
- Essential leadership training to progress into a senior role.
- Access to leading edge technology and equipment
- Social activities such as amazing race, BBQ's and celebration of end of projects
HOW TO APPLY
If this role appeals to you, click on the “apply now” button found on this page.
For further information regarding this position please contact Muzzammil.firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical as well as a police check.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches.