Safety, Health, Environment, Quality Manager
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Join the Ventia Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Team as SHEQ Manager based in Queensland. You will be supporting a large Facilities Maintenance Contract, with exposure to Hard and Soft FM, within a mining village, including on mine sites.
This role can be based locally within Moranbah/ Middlemount/ Moura or can be Brisbane based (with scheduled travel to site – FIFO/ DIDO). Depending on your circumstance, the roster can either be 5 days on/ 2 days off or 10 days on/ 4 days off.
What's on Offer
- Key leadership position, partnering with the project stakeholders.
- Exposure to mining industry
- Career development opportunities including leadership training and other personal development
- Open the door to internal career opportunities, across a large, national team, covering a range of industries.
- Attractive salary (vehicle and housing available if you wish to relocate, or flights and accommodation provided if you choose to FIFO)
- Access to a variety of Health and Wellness initiatives - including the EAP, Ventia's Healthy Minds program and Healthy Bodies programs
- Employee benefits such as corporate travel discounts, Novated leases, private health discounts, credit discounts and more
- Paid parental leave
About the Role
Promoting a positive and generative approach to the health, safety, environment and quality functions within the business. Partnering with the contract you will advise and support the compliance and operational excellence with the SHEQ discipline including food safety matters. The role will also provide technical capability to drive the development, implementation, and continual improvement of the Integrated Management System to meet legal, contractual, and other business requirements. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement and manage SHEQ Management Plans and Business Improvement plans in line with the SHEQ strategy across the project
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulations and standards across all activities of the project
- Undertake and lead investigations in relation to incidents / issues
- Fostering a culture of "safety and health above all else" through implementing processes to ensure communication and compliance with SHEQ policies and procedures
- Management of Covid 19 communications and general risk management
- Ensuring risk registers and risk assessments are developed and maintained
- Ensure Ventia's "Critical Risk Protocols" are embedded in the project
- Driving participating from all staff for a safe workplace and zero impact on the environment
- Monitor contracts statistical data and report to senior leadership weekly and monthly
- Communicate and deliver on the contracts integrated Audit Schedule
To be successful in this role you must:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar or managerial position
- Tertiary qualification in Work Health and Safety or similar
- Formal training in incident investigation (ICAM)
- Management systems and Lead Auditor Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements and ISO standards within a utility or infrastructure project environment
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
Please click on the link below to submit your covering letter and resume.
Position Reference Number: 150985