Fitter / Heavy Diesel Mechanic - Olympic Dam
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia are seeking a motivated, skilled Drill Rig Fitter / Heavy Diesel Mechanic to join our exceptional field team to conduct routine services on Dual Rotary, RC and conventional drilling rigs, pumps, air compressors, trucks, utilities and action break down notifications as required.
This is a permanent role at Olympic Dam, working a 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off roster.
Suitable applicants will have a high degree of attention to detail and post trade experience or similar skills in:
- Trade qualification as a heavy-duty fitter, with at least 3 years post-trade experience.
- Prior experience working on exploration and water well drill rigs. (desirable)
- Understanding of industry legislation and compliances.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, to work within guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance and workplace health and safety.
- Willingness to learn and develop and be part of the Ventia family.
- Current HR Drivers Licence and First Aid.
- Experience working with Sullair compressors, CAT engines and boosters. (Highly regarded)
- Previous experience working in an autonomous role and ability to manage your own workload.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol screen.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Click Apply and forward your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience.
Position Reference Number: 150878