Cable Jointer Team Leader - Wel Network
Location: New Zealand
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is an established service provider in the Power, Distribution & High Voltage electrical industry. We partner with leading NZ clients providing maintenance, installation, and construction services to a range of underground substation, distribution, and power cabling assets. Work for a leading employer who will invest in you and provide some amazing opportunities to shine and develop your career.
Due to a new contract win, Ventia have a permanent full-time opportunity for a Cable Jointer Team Leader to join our team in the Hamilton, Waikato region. This role offers proven career growth with on-going training and development provided.
This is a full-time, permanent role at minimum 40 hours a week, 7am – 3.30pm
$41 - $45 per/hour (Circa) rate is dependent on experience
In this role you will be a hands-on, on-site supervisor of a team of approx. 7 cable jointers and trainees, ensuring assigned work is done within given time frames and meets and exceeds client KPI’s / expectations. Working on the local distribution network, carrying out LV and or HV jointing and termination work, including installation and maintenance of network substations.
What we offer you
- Competitive pay rates
- Frontline management training, internal leadership courses
- The opportunity to to obtain a duel trade.
- Long term secure employment
- Access to leading edge technology and equipment
- Long term maintenance contracts
- Social activities such as fishing, BBQ’s and celebration of end of end of projects
- Career progression training to develop your career.
About you - Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to demonstrate experience in all aspects of live LV/HV work; Demonstrated experience working in High Voltage (HV) industry (110KV – 220KV) and or low voltage (11Kv- 33 KV) for at least 2 years after training / apprenticeship.
- Demonstrates familiarity with necessary equipment - Switchgears and transformers, cables (pilc, oil, gas xlpe), cable joints and terminations (Raychem, 3M, Elastimould, resin) etc.
- Leadership experience advantageous
- Demonstrated proficiency in using hand tools (used in construction and maintenance)
- Demonstrated knowledge in electrical theory and knowledge when working within a HV/LW switchyard regarding isolations, earthing, equipotential bonding.
- Relevant cable jointing certification
- Valid driver’s license and experience driving appropriate vehicles on all roads, terrain, and weather conditions; Heavy truck license preferred.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click on the “apply now” button found on this page. For further information regarding this position please contact email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical as well as a police check.