Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is built on over 100 years of combined knowledge, understanding and experience in providing essential services. We have a proud and shared heritage. We put safety first, deliver for our clients, champion diversity and find sustainable solutions that better our communities. You will be working alongside fantastic people and contributing to the growth of the company as well as growing your skills and experience as a MECHANICAL FITTER.
- Your chance to join a friendly and inclusive team, while working in a dynamic industry
- Opportunity to enjoy a coastal lifestyle, while working at the iconic Port Kembla NSW Steelworks.
The Port Kembla Steelworks has achieved Responsible Steel certification, which recognises the sustainability of the operations across several indicators, including social, environmental and governance.
The Steelworks is only the fourth steelmaker in the world to receive this certification and the first steelmaking site accredited in the Asia Pacific AND WE WANT YOU TO BE A PART OF IT by joining Ventia.
What you can expect:
- 10-12 hour shifts, 8 hours on Saturday
- Collaborative and inclusive on-site culture
- Permanent ongoing work
- Career Progression Opportunities
What you will need:
- Australian Trade Qualifications (Mechanical Fitter)
- Hold a current Working at Heights & Confined Space (desirable)
- Have recent work experience as a Mechanical Fitter
- Have a strong commitment to safe work practices.
For more than 20 years, Ventia has had a longstanding relationship with BlueScope in the Illawarra region of New South Wales, providing plant maintenance, engineering and project services and a skilled workforce for numerous BlueScope projects, as well as fabrication facilities. We have recently renewed our contract with BlueScope for maintenance services with the addition of fire services at BlueScope’s Port Kembla Steel Works.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
If this position is of interest and you think you are suitable for this role on behalf of all the requirements above, we would love to hear from you!
Please send through your CV via 'apply' or alternatively contact me directly on 0417 719 542 or email: email@example.com