Food and Beverage Attendant
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australian Defence Force, we are currently seeking Food and Beverage Attendants on a casual basis, to perform hospitality & kitchen duties in the mess, bar and dining halls.
We cater breakfast, lunch and dinner services - working hours are between 5:30am –8:30pm, working across a 7-day a week roster and an occasional 12.00am finish availability for functions.
This would be a great opportunity to join a close knit and supportive team at Simpson Barracks, located in the suburb of Yallambie in Melbourne.
About The Role:
- Support the Hospitality and Catering team by consistently delivering a friendly, helpful, and professional service to all customers.
- Clean, sanitise and maintain equipment, furniture and premises, ensuring all required repairs and maintenance are reported.
- Ensure all meals are processed in the meal pass system, all cash is handled and banked in line with Company and Client protocols, and any suspicious behaviour is immediately reported.
- Assist with basic food preparation, as requested by the Head Chef.
- Hygiene for Food Handlers Certificate (training available on site).
- RSA certificate is preferred.
- Customer Service experience and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability work in a team.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Flexible with working hours and days as weekend work is required on a roster.
What We Offer You:
Ventia have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Māori and Pasifika people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check.
Click APPLY NOW if this sounds like you or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Position Reference Number: 154618