Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the Role
Ventia’s Defence Base Services (DBS) team are seeking to engage a qualified and experienced HVAC Technician to be part of their close-knit team. This full-time permanent position will be based at RAAF Base Pearce in Bullsbrook and will see you working within the Estate upkeep team as part of our national Defence contract.
The successful applicant will effectively maintain, repair, replace and ensure the integrity and performance of facilities and equipment, including HVAC i.e., Central energy plant.
Reporting directly to the Infrastructure Services Manager, you are an accomplished Mechanical tradesperson who is comfortable when working alone and equally enjoy being part of a cohesive team. You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoy building relationships and engaging with staff, contractors, sub-contractors and key Client stakeholders at all levels of the business.
You are naturally a self-motivated individual who can plan, identify and prioritise problems and issues, generate solutions and work collaboratively to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. You have outstanding prioritising and organisational capabilities, a high degree of motivation, energy and initiative, with the capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities.
Key duties, but not limited to:
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults in HVAC systems
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently
- Contribute to overall site maintenance performance
- Ensure inspection results are recorded online with objective quality evidence standards
- Perform reactive and planned preventative maintenance and testing as required via Mobility (iPad)
- Liaise with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure required level of spare parts and equipment is available and maintained
- Work under limited supervision and assist other trades as required
- Ensure all safety and quality documentation are completed as required
- Report all incidents and near misses to develop a culture of open reporting, continuous improvement and learning
- Provide flexibility to meet the demands of out of hours and call out work as required
- Participate in training as required, and ensure legislative obligations are maintained
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a HVAC role across residential, commercial and industrial work environments
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems under pressure
- Competent in the use of MS Office suite, knowledge of MMS SAP system is advantageous.
- Experience in AC maintenance and installations
- Flexible to meet the demands of after-hours work
- Trade qualification in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Ability to maintain ARCTICK handling license
- Willingness to travel occasionally to the different metro & remote defence sites
Other Special Conditions:
The incumbent to this position must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Defence Security Clearance up to a level of negative vetting (baseline). As a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen.
This position requires a National Police Clearance check and a valid Australian driver’s licence.
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter
- In addition, you will find a stimulating and rewarding working environment where we take our peoples careers seriously and help them to learn and grow
- This role comes with the added security of being offered as a permanent position
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
For internal applicants, it is an expectation that you will inform your manager of an application if you have been in your current position for less than 12 months; please seek their permission prior to applying.
If you have any questions about this role, please reach out via: email@example.com
Position Reference Number: 154660