Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Advisor
Ventia is looking to engage the services of a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Advisor who will drive service excellence on the internationally acclaimed Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) Project. This role will initially be based in Perth and will mobilise to the project last quarter of 2023. The successful candidate will be working a 14,5 day on / 6,5 day off roster, fly in fly out, with meals and accommodation. This project is situated in Western Australia, 800km north of Perth.
About the role
- Overseeing day to day safety across multiple work fronts
- Influence work crews in a challenging construction environment by engaging, motivating, and mentoring
- Implement HSE&Q Management Plans and drive innovative HSE initiatives
- Effectively communicate to employees and numerous stakeholders at Pre-Start Consultations, Toolbox Meetings, hazard, and risk reviews
- Conduct site inspections and task-based assessments, report findings and ensure the implementation of corrective actions as required
- Maintain registers, training records, site safety systems
- Manage incident reports and investigations in consultation with the Project Management team to meet company and client requirements
- Work alongside the project management team to implement project specific management plans that align with Client standards
- Manage VOCs and training requirements
Salary range: $140 000 - $160 000 (TFR)
- 4+ years’ experience as an HSE Advisor in construction projects on remote sites
- Min 2yrs experience in telecommunication and infrastructure is preferred
- Strong attention to detail, communication and report writing skills
- Cert IV WHS qualification, minimum
- Cert IV in training and assessment qualification
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, well organised, focused, and productive with the ability to complete projects on time
- Highly customer-service focused and team-oriented
- Proficient at building strong and beneficial internal customer relationships
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid Qualification
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
About the project
The Square Kilometre Array (SKA) project is an international effort supported by 16 countries to build the world’s largest radio telescopes, led by the SKAO.
Ventia has been awarded a significant part of the contract and is leveraging our telecommunications capabilities for this exciting project.
Our scope includes the provision of power and fibre networks, and the design and commission of a Central Processing Facility (CPF) and Remote Processing Facilities (RPF) at the Australian site. The Electrician will be an integral link to the success of the constructability of critical communications assets.
At Ventia we value our people and provide a range of benefits to help you look after yourself and your family as you build a rewarding career with us. In joining our team, you can expect:
- Above market related salary package
- Wellbeing programs with a focus on mental health through our mental health peer support network
- Access to discounted gym membership and discounted private health insurance.
- Access to a variety of learning & development opportunities
- Access to Ventia's Essential Leader Program and Ventia's Women Leading program.
- Preventative healthcare (flu vaccines & quit smoking programs)
- Professional advisors & employee assistance program (EAP)
Every person that joins us on the Ventia journey has a unique and powerful impact on how we as an organisation provide vital services not only to our clients but also within our communities. Our strength is in the type of person our culture attracts, who rallies around our purpose, and who are empowered to pursue that purpose through a multitude of avenues.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. No matter what someone's role is, our values act as a universal guide to help our teams do the best work of their life at Ventia.
- Collaboration - We achieve more together
- Integrity - We do what's right
- Challenge - We drive to deliver
- Ingenuity - We create better ways
Ventia welcomes interested individuals to join our project team to build this unique facility. We encourage applications from First Nation Peoples particularly the Wajarri people and locals in the mid-west region of Western Australia where the project is based.
If you have the above skills and experience, we would love to hear from you, please click on the apply button.
Position Reference Number: 152724