Job Type: Part time
Ventia Pty Ltd
ASX200 Australian and New Zealand essential services provider, Ventia, is seeking applications for a Law Clerk to join our in-house legal team.
What we offer you:
- Varied work with an experienced and dynamic in-house team servicing a large ASX/NZX listed corporate client.
- Opportunities to develop highly valued practical and commercial skills to take forward in your legal career, with the supervision, feedback, and development coaching of our expert team.
- Ability to contribute to team planning and strategy and visit work sites to see firsthand our service provision.
- Flexibility in your choice of workdays around university and other commitments.
- Flexible work arrangements with the ability to work from home and the office.
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic law student to become a valued member of our legal team in the Law Clerk Telecommunications role. Our Telecommunications legal team provides operational and corporate legal advice to the Telecommunications sector of the business and sits within the broader Compliance, Audit, Risk and Legal team under the office of Group General Counsel.
You will receive ongoing training and professional mentoring from our in-house lawyers and develop strong relationships with our internal client network. You will also join an inclusive team of six law clerks currently servicing each of the legal teams.
Your days will be busy and varied, requiring you to manage multiple tasks and adapt to deadlines. You will work with a high degree of autonomy to support the General Counsel Telecommunications and members of the team. Through this role you will learn to become a trusted advisor to business stakeholders.
In our team, you can expect to:
- Review and provide advice on commercial contracts to identify and mitigate legal and operational risks.
- Evaluate risk profiles for tender opportunities and provide legal support to operational and commercial teams throughout the tender process.
- Deliver strategic assistance to the Compliance, Audit, Risk and Insurance functions as required.
- Provide legal training to the business as the need arises.
- Cooperate with the other law clerks to run initiatives that assist both the broader legal team and the business.
- Participate in legal offsites, planning, strategy, and innovation initiatives.
You will be based in Brisbane, available to work 3 days per week. You will be required to have completed all contract law units in your law degree. You will preferably graduate from your law degree no earlier than November 2025.
We are seeking candidates with a strong attention to detail, excellent time management and communication skills. You will have a willingness and ability to work in a dynamic team environment and to always seek ways to innovate and improve.
Successful candidates will have a minimum average 5.5/7 GPA or 70+ WAM (or equivalent). Previous legal work experience is advantageous but not required.
At Ventia we celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and consider it important that our workforce reflects diversity of experience, talent, and culture. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply for this role.
Ventia is a leading essential services provider supplying an extensive range of services including design, construction, operations, and maintenance. Our clients own critical assets and infrastructure such as electricity and gas networks, telecommunications infrastructure, roads and tunnels, social housing, defence assets and more.
Our business operates across four sectors (Defence & Social Infrastructure, Infrastructure Services, Telecommunications and Transport) working together in pursuit of our strategy to redefine service excellence. We pride ourselves on working safely, sustainably and with the best quality, talent, and technology for our clients.
How to apply:
To join our team as a valued law clerk and open countless opportunities for growth, apply now through our careers site or Seek.
- your resume;
- a covering letter addressed to Vanessa Hill (General Counsel – Telecommunications) (please include your current year of university and expected graduation date); and
- a copy of your most recent academic transcript.