Public Facility Cleaner - AM
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
At Ventia, we're proud to manage council assets including parks, libraries and public pools in the North Shore. We contract to Auckland Council for street cleaning services such as collecting litter, road sweeping, removing graffiti, water blasting, pavement cleaning and more!
We're looking for energetic team members to join our Auckland Council Sanitation & Waste team on a permanent basis to ensure that our client's property portfolio is maintained to a high level.
You will be responsible for several key activities including:
- Collection of litter
- Cleaning in outside areas around minor shops and recreational spaces
- Cleaning and maintaining city and outer public areas removing waste, debris and other rubbish
- Demonstrating commitment to safety, health, environment and quality standards.
This role covers the following times: 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm. Our depot is at 51 Porana Road, Wairau Valley
You will be energetic, motivated and have a genuine belief in excellent customer service with a "can do" attitude as well as be able to work independently and safely.
Other experience and skills:
- Full Class 1 Driver's licence preferred, restricted will be considered
- Experience in general maintenance in relation to highway sweeping, clearing of leaves and litter, removal of fly-tipping, fly posting, and graffiti, and emptying of litter bins
- Experience of being outdoors in all weathers
- A willingness to try new things and get dirty
- Be aware of health and safety
- Capable of getting to work for specified start time
- The ability to work overtime, weekends and public holidays
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions within pre-determined guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a team
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's well-being.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the apply link button found on this page. Short-listed candidates must be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical, which includes a drug and alcohol test and a Ministry of Justice check.