Stores Service Attendant - Level 1
Job Type: Part time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Stores Service Attendant to join the Cairns Defence Clothing Store. The position is a 3 month temporary opportunity.
The Stores Service Attendant is responsible for the storage and distribution of Defence Force clothing for serving Defence personnel. You will work under general supervision, either individually or in a team environment, performing a variety of tasks requiring a knowledge of customer support, warehousing/stores practices and procedures.
- Receive, check and acquit stores under supervision
- Stock packing and preparation for dispatch along with loading and unloading trucks when needed and if qualified
- Assist with kit issues for customers
- Reconciling EFTPOS transactions under supervision
- Over the counter Customer Service
- Assisting with regular stock takes
- Inspect and accept return items from customers for serviceability and re-issue
- Process workplace documentation for store transactions
- Storing and packing goods and materials in accordance with procedures and regulations
- Operate stores machinery, tools and equipment not requiring licensed operator / tickets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Prior demonstrated experience as a store / warehouse attendant
- Good customer service skills
- A team player who works well with others
- Intermediate computer skills (Spreadsheets and Applications)
- Must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance and therefore must be an Australian Citizen
What We Offer You
- Access to our VenPerks employee benefit program provides discounts with 450 retailers, Australia-wide, including Woolworths, Coles, Booking.com and Expedia
- Access to a variety of health and wellbeing initiatives including discounted health insurance, and our employee assistance program
- A supportive and inclusive work environment
- 3weeks break over Christmas/New Years
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Ventia is an experienced facilities and asset management company and a Top 10 Defence industry partner. Ventia has a proud history of partnering with the Australian Defence Force (ADF), spanning three decades. We operate in every Australian State and Territory with a 3,000-strong workforce consisting of passionate civilians and Defence Veterans.
Position Reference Number: 154973