Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Due to an increased workload, we require experienced Telecommunications Technicians to join our Wireless Network team on a permanent basis in Brisbane. This role will require you to be able to travel, do regular overtime and be away from home for extended periods of time.
What’s on Offer
Ventia has partnered with reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- Above market hourly rate plus commuter use vehicle
- Career stability and longevity of contracts
- Access to training for development and growth
- Tier 1 organisation who take safety seriously, and look after our people's wellbeing
- Good team environment with strong comradeship
About the Role
You will be working on network rollout for NBN, TPG and Optus wireless.
- Reading and interpreting technical design documents (plumbing diagrams)
- Implementing and installing equipment as per design including telco cabinets, DC cabling, earthing and labelling following the client’s specification
- Installing and commissioning BBU, Hybrids, RF connectors
- Using a PIM tester and Antenna line tester
- Performing testing with Fiberscope and light source on fibre cables
- Liaising with client network integration teams to integrate and trouble shoot
- Carry out post integration call tests to verify successful integration
- Working at heights is desirable to assist riggers if required
- Compiling As-built documents for HOP
- Experienced in the telecommunications industry including experience in network rollout discipline
- Experienced in NBN, TPG and Optus wireless specifications and standards
- Sound understanding of WHS requirements and responsibilities including SWMS, MOP, JSA’s
- Appropriately skilled with MS applications including excel and word
- Australian driver’s licence
- Construction white card
- RADHAZ awareness
- Working at height (desirable)
- First aid and CPR
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers and is a dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
How to Apply
Please click on the link to apply.
Position Reference Number: 153506