Location: North Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
What's on Offer
- Access to a variety of Ventia’s Health and Wellness initiatives - including the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Wellbeing Gateway, and Healthy Minds and Healthy Bodies programs.
- Employee benefits such as corporate travel discounts, novated leases, private health discounts, credit discounts and more.
- Enjoy job security in a long-standing stable contract.
- Office located at North Sydney, easy and convenient access through train station.
Last year, Transport for NSW (Transport) awarded Ventia with the Asset Management Services contract for the Western Harbour Tunnel and Sydney Harbour Tunnel for over 15 years.
The purpose of the Operations Manager/Traffic Representative role is to manage the delivery of control room operations and oversee compliance with all traffic control requirements. Lead and manage performance of the Operations Control room team.
- Achievement of contractual KPIs requirements.
- Ensure all operations personnel are suitably trained and competent to perform their work in a responsible manner.
- Develop, review, amend, implement, and ensure compliance with operations manuals, plans and procedures for the WHT/SHT assets.
- Manage response to major motorway incidents, as required and liaise with relevant emergency services personnel during incidents.
- Participate in or lead, as required, post incident investigations and incident reviews.
- Ensure effective incident management plans are in force at all times and liaise with Emergency Services including representing Ventia on relevant Local Emergency Management Committees (LEMC’s) and other industry bodies and representative groups.
- Clarify stakeholder needs and manage expectations to facilitate the delivery of effective outcomes
- Create and maintain strong relationships with TfNSW and other Key Stakeholders.
- Identify resource and skill gaps and develop strategies increase skills and knowledge.
- Management of the asset emergency management plans & annual exercises and implement lessons learnt.
- Certificate IV in Management, Training and Assessing and Traffic Management
- Traffic Controller Licence
- Relevant equivalent work experience
- OH&S induction White card
- NSW driver’s license
- Managing control room operations (5 years minimum)
- Emergency Management Level 2
- Stakeholder management experience and skills
- Proven ability in Incident management
- Proficiency in broad range of systems including Asset Vision and Team Binder OMCS
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 155035