Location: Port Hedland
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is seeking experienced & qualified Boilermaker/Welders with experience in the mining industry to support our ongoing maintenance contract. This casual role will see you performing routine, preventative, and corrective maintenance. You will be assisting small and medium fabrication works in the Port Hedland workshop, as well as works on sites ranging from Goldfields to the Pilbara region in a team of 2-5 people.
This position is a casual engagement and will see you working FIFO from Perth. Whilst the rostering is flexible, we aim to provide you a 2:1 Roster. Shutdown works may require you to work either day shift or night shift.
- Valid Driver’s License
- White Card
- Trade Qualification
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening
- Ability to pass a weld test to Ventia supplied WPS
- High-Risk Work License – WP
- Forklift Ticket
- Working Safely at Heights
- Enter and work in Confined Spaces
- Gas Test Atmospheres
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a maintenance / operations environment
- Experience in pipe & structural welding
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow process & procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent attitude towards health, safety & environment
- Experience working in a mining environment – Highly regarded
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
It is an expectation that you will inform your manager of an application if you have been in your current position for less than 12 months; please seek their permission prior to applying.
Position Reference Number: 154892