Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking a SHEQ Advisor (Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Advisor) to join the team supporting our Defence Base Services contract.
As a SHEQ Advisor, your primary responsibility is to deliver on the SHEQ requirements of the program utilising systems and process to foster an integrated approach to SHEQ Management in delivering on legal, contractual, and business requirements.
This position is a dual site role, based at Simpson Barracks in Yallambie however you will be required to travel to Puckapunyal at least 2 days a week.
About the role:
- Inform and implement Safety Management Plans across the project.
- Adhere with legislations, regulations and standards and that all activities on the project are undertaken in a safe manner, and with the application of suitable frameworks and documentation.
- Undertake aspects of Environment and Quality function.
- Implementing processes to ensure communication and compliance with all SHEQ policies and procedures including fostering a culture of ‘safety and health above all else.
- Promoting the participation of all people in achieving a safe workplace with zero impact on the environment.
- Tertiary Qualification in Workplace/ Occupation Health and Safety, Occupational Hygiene and Health, Environmental or Quality Equivalent.
- Formal training in incident investigation.
- Have suitable experience as a safety professional in industrial safety and possess the required technical skills and knowledge to perform the role.
- Demonstrated experience in safety / environment / quality or relevant industry role.
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements and ISO standards within a utility or infrastructure project environment.
What we offer you:
Ventia have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Māori and Pasifika people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
To meet Defence requirements, you must be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this position.
If this sounds like you, please click APPLY NOW or email email@example.com for further information.
Position Reference Number: 154665