Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking a Head Chef to join the team at RAAF Base Edinburgh.
RAAF Edinburgh is a dynamic environment and is responsible for a large output of meals served to Defence personnel. The site is home to a large production kitchen with 3 dining rooms & 3 bars.
As the Head Chef, you will manage the overall back of house operations, food budgets and personnel involved in the production and delivery of food service, including routine meals, all meals away from mess, fresh field rations and mess functions. You will also provide support and guidance to the Team Leaders from the Woodside and Keswick Defence Barracks, as they report into the Head Chef.
- Salary $100k TFR (inclusive of Super)
- A unique opportunity to work alongside the Australian Defence Force and serve those who serve and protect our country.
- Ventia want you to grow. Upskilling and training provided.
- PPE and company uniforms provided.
Head Chef duties may include:
- Manage the overall preparation and delivery of meal services from production facilities, ensuring regular consultation with the Food and Beverage Coordinator and Mess Committee regarding expectations and performance.
- Supervise and train all food production personnel in Ventia’s procedures and methods relating to food preparation and presentation, including special dietary requirements, allergen management and those specific to religious meal service, such as Kosher and Halal.
- Coordinate surge and emergency contingencies by assisting in the mobilisation of staff, equipment and facilities in accordance with Defence Force plans.
- Build strong working relationships with performance and compliance team, ensuring efficient management of Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE), Food Safety and HACCP, and Contract compliance.
- Check, record and sign off on all shift cleaning schedules, and documentation relating to incoming goods, food holding units and temperature probes.
- Stock management, including ordering of supplies, stock rotation, application of labels and dates, correct storage and handling, develop inventory control measures, ensure correct wastage practices, and coordinate stocktakes.
- Prepare reports as requested by Line Manager and/or Mess Committee.
Skills and Experience:
- Australian recognised Commercial Cookery qualification. (Required)
- Food Safety Supervisor qualification. (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing large commercial kitchens.
- Solid understanding of contract management, quality management systems and continuous improvement principles.
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service.
- Strong planning and organisation skills and proven experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level.
Must be eligible to hold a baseline Defence Security Clearance.
As a result of this requirement the applicant must be an Australian Citizen.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Click Apply and forward your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience.
You must be an Australian citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
Position Reference Number: 155068