Communications Technician - Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Opportunity to work with high-profile clients and perform a range of work.
- Opportunity to develop technical skills.
- Work for a company that takes Health & Safety seriously.
Our DNI (Digital Network Infrastructure) group in Wellington is seeking an experienced and highly motivated technician to be part of their team.
This is an exciting new role as you will be working on new and upcoming projects with high-profile clients within the Power and Telecommunications industry.
Your main responsibilities will be to install, commission, test, and troubleshoot Transmission communication systems.
The work will predominantly be within the Wellington region based out of our Wellington depot
Flexible working hours are part of the role as telecommunications is deemed to be an essential service in New Zealand.
Participation on a 24/7 stand-by roster is a requirement.
You must be able to travel and work away from home with short notification.
You must be willing to travel for projects as required, including working the occasional weekend.
Particular strengths required for this role are: teamwork; self-motivation; ownership of projects/tasks; reporting skills; ability to work alone and under pressure; availability for travel and work well with others.
Experience working on a New Zealand or Australian telco or power network is a must. You will also need to have a clean Class 1 driver’s licence as well as have proof of work rights in NZ.
Ideally you will have experience in the following:
- Low Voltage DC Power Plant Installation, Commissioning - Battery Testing
- IP Experience, Nokia, Alcatel Lucent, Cisco experience preferable
- Transmission Installation, Commissioning - Ethernet, SDH, PDH
- Outside and Inside Plant Fibre Splicing and Cable installation, Testing & Fault Repair
- Protection Signalling Systems
- Data Cabling, Data Tray/Raceway Installation
- WiFi & VOIP Installation, Commissioning
- SCADA Systems
- Excel & Word
The following would be an advantage:
- Electrical Registration
- Interpret and be able to work from drawings
- RF Feeder and Antenna installation
You will need to be physically fit and comfortable working at heights.
The successful candidate shall be motivated and competent to ensure that projects are completed to the clients' satisfaction.
You will need to be hard working and reliable and have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to produce commissioning reports.
Apply online today! To learn more about us, please visit our website at. For inquiries, email email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol test as well as a police check