Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Ventia are seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join them as part of the Rail Services contract. The Mechanical Fitter will perform all trade related tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant and equipment. Operate machinery and assist in non-mechanical maintenance and construction tasks as required.
This role will see the successful applicant based at the Wingfield Depot in Adelaide 5013 or Port Augusta 5700, depending on the candidate’s current location. The role is predominately Monday to Friday with some on call requirements. There is also the possibility of travel to regional South Australia and interstate.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Perform planned and reactive maintenance, servicing and repairs.
- Undertake major overhauls and authorised modifications to vehicles, plant and equipment to the extent of your trade qualifications, skills and experience.
- Requirement to work in a workshop and field environment on a roster basis.
- Operate per way track machinery, other plant and equipment where qualified.
- Ensure that technical procedures and Inspection and Test Plans are performed in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements.
- Maintain maintenance records associated with equipment servicing, repairs and modifications. Undertake plant audits and inspections where required, complete timesheets, recording hours worked and associated information.
- Determine parts and materials requirements for acquisition in relation to plant and equipment servicing, maintenance and repairs. Assist when required with the outsourcing of maintenance work to approved contractors.
- Certify plant and equipment as serviceable and fit for purpose, within the scope of trade qualifications on a daily basis.
- Perform manual tasks associated with maintenance and construction as required, including safe working duties.
- Certificate III Engineering (Mechanical Trade).
- Equivalent Industry Experience in Rail. (Highly regarded)
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literate.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click apply button on this page
Position Reference Number: 153935