Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australian Defence Force, we are seeking qualified Fitters to receive full training and join the team in Puckapunyal, Victoria maintaining weapons systems.
In this role you will use your highly detailed workmanship to inspect, repair, and recondition military hardware. As a qualified fitter and armourer, it will be your responsibility to provide direct embedded support and teamwork with defence and defence training activities to ensure hardware is functional and training objectives are achieved.
Some limited travel is required in this role to attend training, and to provide maintenance at other bases throughout the defence network.
- Monday to Thursday: 7.00am – 3:45pm & Friday: 7.00am – 12:00pm
- $40.86p/h (inclusive of allowances)
- Overtime available!
- PPE and uniforms provided
- Become a qualified Defence Fitter Armour
- Great team culture – feel respected & supported
- Ongoing career & development opportunities
- Relocation allowance will be provided to suitable candidates
What you'll be doing:
- Perform maintenance, servicing, repairs, and preventative maintenance on military hardware and defence armaments
- Safely operate machinery to repair, manufacture or modify required parts
- Certify plant and equipment as serviceable and fit for purpose
- Provide occasional support various Defence Bases across Victoria assisting with Armory maintenance. All travel, accommodation and food paid for!
- Possess a recognisable Trade Certificate III Engineering Mechanical (Fitter & Turner) or Certificate III Engineering Mechanic (General Fitter)
- Excellent attention to detail, patience, and teamwork
- Must have valid Driver’s License
- Physically fit and enjoy hands-on work
Why work with Ventia:
Every person that joins Ventia has a unique and powerful impact on how we provide vital services to our clients but also within our communities. Ventia's strength is in the type of person our culture attracts, who rally around our purpose, and who are empowered to pursue that purpose.
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Māori and Pasifika people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check and Medical Pre-Employment Checks as required by the contract.
Please APPLY NOW or email mia.white@skoutsolutions for more information.
Position reference Number: 153931