Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking a Chef to join the team at RAAF Base East Sale, on a permanent full time basis.
As a Chef, you will work closely with the lead Chefs to ensure the smooth operation of a high volume, fast paced kitchen. Our team service 4 bars & 4 mess halls, serving between 15,000 - 20,000 meals per month, over breakfast, lunch & dinner as well special events.
Our Chefs work on a rotating roster so you get diversity in service and flexibility to manage work life balance.
- Week #1 Monday to Friday: Breakfast+Prep 05:00-12:30
- Week #2 Monday to Friday: Lunch 07:00-14:30
- Week #3 Monday to Friday: Dinner 12:00-20:00
- There is always potential for over time when we do functions as well.
- Ensure efficient preparation and delivery of meal services.
- Operate large-volume commercial cooking equipment.
- Train food production personnel in Ventia's procedures.
- Food Preparation and quality control.
- Maintain a clean & sanitised kitchen.
Skills & Experience
- Commercial Cookery Certificate III, or above
- Previous experience in a large commercial kitchen & fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations
- Strong planning and organisation skills
What We Offer You
Ventia have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Māori and Pasifika people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check.
Click APPLY NOW if this sounds like you or email email@example.com for further information.
Position Reference Number: 154651