SHEQ Advisor (Southern)
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We are also proud to be part of one Australia’s largest services businesses, Ventia, providing comprehensive support and management services to clients across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health, and industrial sectors. Our parent company is structured for growth across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
Our vision, underpinned by our core values of Integrity, Collaboration, Challenge and Ingenuity, is to lead the way in infrastructure services by harnessing the power of technology and being sustainable in all that we do.
An exciting opportunity has become available in our collaborative and inclusive team for a SHEQ Advisor to support and advise on health and safety management across Ventia. You will build capability through targeted coaching and mentoring, best practice process development and implementation.
In this role, you will assist and support the SHEQ Manager in driving Ventia’s commitment to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all those involved with its activities, including workers, contractors, suppliers, and all other persons working in or visiting our places of work.
Included in your wide remit, will be the following responsibilities ( not limited to)
- Providing specialist advice and support on the H&S Policy, the Standards, Procedures, legislation, incident management and investigation, and monitoring and auditing to the business to ensure the effective management of H&S across all Ventia’s operations.
- Providing resources and support to the broader SHEQ team to ensure the effective delivery of the H&S Strategy, the Work Programme, and the H&S Annual Plan.
- Providing H&S advice and support to the Business Units within the portfolio of responsibility tailored to meet its specific needs and requirements consistent with Ventia’s H&S Policy, Standards, and procedures.
- Working with the Business Units / Operations within the portfolio of responsibility to identify, assess, and manage H&S hazards and risks and manage controls that eliminate or minimise those risks.
- Working in partnership with the SHEQ Manager in managing H&S risk in relation to external suppliers and contractors on or off Ventia sites
- Leading incident investigations into notifiable events and support managers and H&S Representatives in undertaking incident investigations.
- Ensuring H&S incidents and issues are managed promptly and effectively to minimise risk to the organisation, its people, and its reputation.
Ideally, you have a tertiary qualification in H&S or a relevant discipline with demonstrable experience in a similar role within a large, multi-faceted and complex business. Your technical skills are second to none and you have a thorough understanding and knowledge of H&S principles especially in risk management. Your strong understanding of H&S laws and regulations coupled with your ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders with conflicting deadlines will ensure your success in this role. You are on an on-going quest for continuous improvement, and you take pride in surpassing stakeholder expectations! Your understanding and knowledge of H&S best practices and ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, will be highly regarded. You have a high level of written and oral literacy in English and you cope well with pressure, working with multiple stakeholders and conflicting deadlines.
How to Apply
If this role appeals to you, click on the “apply now” button found on this page.
For further information regarding this position please contact Muzzammil.firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical, as well as a police check.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy and is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches.