Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
The Port Kembla Steelworks has achieved Responsible Steel Certification, which recognises the sustainability of the operations across several indicators, including social, environmental and governance.
The Steelworks is only the fourth steelmaker in the world to receive this certification and the first steelmaking site accredited in the Asia Pacific AND WE WANT YOU TO BE A PART OF IT by joining Ventia.
- Your chance to join a friendly and inclusive team, while working in a dynamic industry
- Opportunity to enjoy a coastal lifestyle, while working at the iconic Port Kembla NSW Steelworks.
Ventia is built on over 100 years of combined knowledge, understanding and experience in providing essential services. We have a proud and shared heritage. We put safety first, deliver for our clients, champion diversity and find sustainable solutions that better our communities.
About the Role:
The Basic Oxygen Steelmaking (BOS) Department, takes molten iron from the Blast Furnace and converts it to steel. This is later transformed into hot rolled coil and Australian building products. The BOS Asset Team is responsible for the successful application of asset management strategies, and delivery of maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner.
In this role you will be part of our clients’ integrated team, performing technical and maintenance work on projects, shutdowns and day-to-day maintenance service requests, whilst achieving safety, quality, critical equipment uptime and operational efficiency objectives.
Our people are our strength. We’re looking for individuals who are:
- Safe for life - Safe for each other
- Passionate about their trade
- Think broadly and outside the box.
- Thrive on team outcomes and success
To be successful in this role, the following qualification, licences, skills and experience are required:
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Qualified Electrician (with a current Electrical Contractor licence)
- Electrical maintenance experience, including the ability to read electrical prints, fault finding and diagnosis skills.
- SAP & computer skills (not essential)
- PLC experience
- NSW Drivers Licence
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Flexibility to work in a multi-skilled team with the ability to work independently.
- Pride in your standard of work with a passion for identifying and implementing improvement opportunities.
- Results-driven coupled with a strong customer focus and ENTHUSIASTIC !
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you. Click the "APPLY" button below or contact me directly on 0417 719 542 or email: email@example.com
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.