Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About The Role:
Sustainability | Environmental | Social | Governance
Join our vision here at Ventia and help shape our focus towards green energy and reduce our carbon footprint.
Lead, implement and monitor the environmental strategy across two sectors in the Infrastructure and Asset management space within Ventia New Zealand, to achieve sector objectives and environmental outcomes.
As an Environmental Manager, you will coordinate the delivery of an Infrastructure Sustainability Councils IS Rating for the work undertaken within all NZ Functions and teams, while supporting local sectors/contracts to deliver continuous improvement and innovation.
This full-time opportunity will allow you to work to be part of something important, valuable, and meaningful that contributes to a real cause, solving real day to day challenges. The path to a sustainable future starts with proactive collaboration and commitment.
- Accredited Training & Upskilling provided
- Strong focus to shift too green energy & reduce our carbon footprint
- Diversity in your own portfolio – Transport & Power Sector
- Direct coaching by Ventia’s Group executives
- Hybrid & flexible working arrangements
- Tools of Trade vehicle provided
- Develop, implement, monitor, and review the New Zealand environmental strategy, including the environmental plan, supporting documents, and key environmental targets across environment, social and economic aspects
- Provide expert advice to progress the environmental performance across all sector projects/contracts with internal and external stakeholders
- Incorporate environmental practices across IS rating themes through business processes
- Ensure environmental inspections, reviews and audits are conducted to verify performance
- Actively provide support to the project and general management with a strong focus towards environmental governance
- Managing environmental risk whilst delivering environmental solutions and risk mitigations
- Driving resource reduction plan; Water, waste materials, energy, electrical and fuel emissions
Key Skills & Attributes Include:
- Relevant NZ Specific knowledge around cultural expectations and impacts. – Waikato Region, Auckland
- Experience in undertaking risk assessments, internal auditing and knowledge of energy/carbon accounting preferred
- Tertiary qualification in Sustainability / Environmental Management or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Infrastructure Sustainability council rating tool - Desirable
Ventia is one of New Zealand’s leading infrastructure services companies. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
Diversity Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Māori and Pasifika people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application via the "APPLY" button below.
Position Reference Number: 155021
** Shortlisted candidates will be contacted **