Facilities & Assets Manager
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Date: 13 October 2023
Location: Adelaide, SA, AU, 5000
Do you have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service? Are you looking for a role with a diverse customer base, where no two days are the same? Are you seeking a workplace that encourages innovation and initiative, where your safety and wellbeing is the number one priority?
Working for one of the largest essential services providers in Australia and New Zealand, who supports diversity and inclusion and understands that people are the key to its success?
Then a Facilities & Assets Manager role with Ventia could be the perfect job for you.
Ventia is an Australian & New Zealand recognised and award-winning employer of choice in the dynamic asset management environment and draws on more than a decade of experience with a rich history in delivering high quality facilities management services to our clients. We are driven to produce outcomes that reward project timelines, improve efficiencies, and deliver results to our customers and are committed to providing continuous staff training to meet changing demands and compliance requirements which further provides employment pathways to our staff.
The asset facilities that Ventia manage are services that the community use daily such as schools, hospitals, police stations and courts which is as at the heart of we do and what excites us.
Ventia employs a highly engaged workforce recognised for delivering exceptional outcomes, identifying, supporting, and encouraging leadership and innovation, Ventia is a proven leader in sustainability, supporting diversity and inclusion and offering flexible workplace arrangements.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking a Facilities Manager or Assets Manger to be responsible for the day-to-day management of properties on behalf of the South Australian Government. The public assets include but not limited to are schools, hospitals, courts & police stations along with many other public assets with the ability to manage breakdown and maintenance, preventative maintenance, and small project management.
Key Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity in relation to maintenance and capital works, developing and implementing plans to achieve commercial targets and optimise lifecycle cost of facilities and/or assets.
- Support the delivery of the Property Asset Management team’s Asset Business Plans and all other strategic and asset planning initiatives
- Analyse regular call-outs, reactive maintenance, and other requests to inform the respective departments to asset maintenance plans and preventative maintenance schedules
- Be the first point of contact for technical, facilities management and asset maintenance.
- Monitor and direct contractor performance and ensure that all contracts are executed to budget and scope.
- Support the contract in compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Assist with audits and inspections.
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with the agency, sub-contractors, suppliers, and consultants.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on the delivery of programmed work by subcontracted providers.
- Ensure record management and reporting to inform proactive performance adherence of sub-contractors on site.
Who Should Apply - Skills and Qualifications
Do you have any one of the following skills or you may be looking for a career change & feel your skills and experience will transfer well into this new career ?
Have you worked within the below industries? Then you should apply.
- Local government
- Asset management
- Field service
- Project engineering
- Facility Managers
- Facilities Coordinator
- Asset Managers
- Self Employed Builders
- Real Estate Property Managers
- Real Estate Appraisers and Assessors
- Property Inspectors
- Property Managers
- Commercial Appraiser
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Leasing Agents or Consultants
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of facilities management.
- Trade background not desirable however must be able to demonstrate the ability of property maintenance and management.
- Project management qualification or demonstrated experience in relevant industry.
- Current Drivers licence required.
As a values-driven organisation, Ventia takes great pride in its employees and runs a highly engaged workforce. Leadership and innovation are supported and encouraged to help staff deliver exceptional outcomes. This is an environment that supports diversity and inclusion and understands that people drive its success.
Ventia invest significantly in the training and development of staff. Ventia offer flexible workplace arrangements and the potential to grow your career into areas you may never have imagined.
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Māori and Pasifika people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
If you have the above skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. Click the apply button on this page or contact the recruitment team on 0437821881. To apply for this role, please click apply button on this page.
Position reference number: 155244