Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Are you a HEAD CHEF looking for a new challenge whilst still enjoying quality, consecutive days off every 2 weeks? This is the role for you!
Join our team at Savannah Nickel Mine Camp, located in the Kimberley region of Northern Western Australia. Experience a scenic bus trip from Kununurra, Kununurra being less than 1 hour flight from Darwin or 3-hour flight from Perth.
Ventia Living Services team provides comprehensive village management services including facilities maintenance, land management, domestic services, administration, security, wellbeing, and catering services.
About the Role:
We are currently recruiting an experienced Head Chef running a fast paced, high-volume kitchen, managing a close-knit team to deliver quality catering services for up to 170 - 220 reporting directly to the Village Manager at our Savannah Nickel Mine Village.
Catering services include a large buffet style breakfast and dinner providing mouth-watering and nutritiously hearty meals that you are proud to dish out and display. You will also be providing a variety of dishes to include entree's, desserts and an enticing crib-style meals for lunches.
- Manage the overall preparation and delivery of meal
- Train all food production personnel in relevant procedures and methods relating to food preparation and presentation
- Coordinate surge and emergency contingencies by assisting in the mobilisation of staff, equipment and facilities
- Support and participate in the implementation and management of the Food Safety Program including preventative management of food safety hazards through the systematic application of HACCP controls
- Overall stock management, including ordering, stock rotation, develop inventory control measures, ensure correct wastage practices and coordinate stock takes
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are clean, sanitised, well-maintained and presentable
- Review customer comments and feedback on a daily basis, with the aim of delivering exceptional customer
- Ensure menu variations, and associated allergen notices, for routine meal services are authorised and published in a timely and effective manner
- We offer genuine career progression in camp management and hospitality
- Recreational facilities such as BBQ areas, pool, equipped gym and licensed tavern
- Private airconditioned accommodation, meals and transport to/from Point of Hire included
- Access to VenPerks including amazing discount savings at over 450 retailers Australia-wide, hundreds of Health and Well-being resources and more!
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to EAP and Ventia's Health Minds Program, 2021 'Best Mental Health Program' winner in the National Safety Awards of Excellence
Skills and Experience
- Australian recognised Certificate III in Commercial cookery (mandatory)
- Current full Australian manual driver’s licence
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor or willingness to obtain
- First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Solid understanding of contract management, quality management systems and continuous improvement principles
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing large commercial kitchens
- Strong planning and organisation skills and proven experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All applicants must be willing to undergo and successfully complete:
- A national police check
- Pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
- Provide proof of your right to live and work in Australia
Ventia is one of the largest essential services providers in Australia and New Zealand. Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They are the spirit behind every action and intention here at Ventia, helping us to create a workplace where everyone can thrive. No matter what someone’s role is, where they are based or what their goals are, our values act as a universal guide to help our teams do the best work of their life at Venita.
Diversity Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Māori and Pasifika people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
How to apply Position Reference Number: 155178