Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Sous Chef - Savannah Nickel Mine
Are you an experienced SOUS CHEF looking for a new challenge whilst still enjoying quality, consecutive days off every 2 weeks? This is the role for you!
Join our team at Savannah Nickel Mine Camp, located in the Kimberley region of Northern Western Australia. Experience a scenic bus trip from Kununurra, Kununurra being less than 1 hour flight from Darwin or 3-hour flight from Perth. Ventia Living Services team provides comprehensive village management services including facilities maintenance, land management, domestic services, administration, security, wellbeing, and catering services.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Sous Chef working in a fast paced, high-volume kitchen, supporting the Head Chef with daily operations and food service through the preparation and delivery of meals from production facilities to meal areas for up to 170 - 220 residents.
Catering services include a large buffet style breakfast and dinner providing mouth-watering and nutritiously hearty meals that you are proud to dish out and display. You will also be providing a variety of dishes to include entree's, desserts and an enticing crib-style meals for lunches.
- Position is available now, Immediate Start!
- We offer genuine career progression in camp management and hospitality
- Recreational facilities such as BBQ areas, pool, equipped gym and licensed tavern
- Private airconditioned accommodation, meals and transport to/from Point of Hire included
- Access to VenPerks including amazing discount savings at over 450 retailers Australia-wide,hundreds of Health and Well-being resources and more!
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to EAP and Ventia's Health Minds Program, 2021 'Best Mental Health Program' winner in the National Safety Awards of Excellence
- Ensure efficient preparation and delivery of meal services from production facilities by ensuring regular consultation with Head Chef regarding expected numbers
- Maintain kitchen area clean, sanitised and presentable at all times
- Support and participate in the implementation and management of the Food Safety Program, including actively identifying hazards, employing appropriate controls and recording
- Preventive management of food safety hazards through the systematic application of HACCP controls
- Operate large-volume and industrial cooking equipment such as brat pans, grills, deep-fat fryers, combi ovens etc
- Check, record and sign off on all shift cleaning schedules, and documentation relating to incoming goods, food holding units and temperature probes
- Report all defective equipment and tools to the Head Chef to that required maintenance can be scheduled
- Participate in regular stock take an inventory control activities
Skills and Experience
- Australian recognised Certificate III (or higher) in Commercial Cookery or Patisserie (mandatory)
- Current full Australian manual driver’s licence
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor or willingness to obtain
- First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in large kitchens
- Strong planning and organisation skills and proven experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All applicants must be willing to undergo and successfully complete:
- A national police check
- Pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
- Provide proof of your right to live and work in Australia with unrestricted Australian work rights
Ventia is one of the largest essential services providers in Australia and New Zealand. Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They are the spirit behind every action and intention here at Ventia, helping us to create a workplace where everyone can thrive. No matter what someone’s role is, where they are based or what their goals are, our values act as a universal guide to help our teams do the best work of their life at Venita.
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
How to Apply:
Please click the "Apply Now" to submit an application with your cover letter and CV. You must be prepared to undergo a pre-employment police check and medical including a drug and alcohol test.
Position Reference Number: 155048