Land Management Team Leader
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia has a long and successful relationship with Defence and holds a current Defence Base Services Contract. Due to this contract they are currently looking for experienced Grounds Attendant Team Leader to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the Grounds Maintenance services at RAAF Base Darwin. This is an ongoing full time position within the Lands Management team.
Further you will be required to do the following:
- Undertake job safety checks prior to commencing work as well as lead tool box talks
- Overseeing the day to day scheduling of Land Management team
- Ensure all staff are completing out tasks to a high standard
- Service of equipment prior to starting work
- Operate and maintain equipment in accordance with the Operator’s Manual and maintenance schedules
- Upkeep and maintain gardens and lawns as directed
- Participate in general labouring of the grounds, building and plumbing trade sites or as directed
- Regularly clean vehicles, grounds equipment, machinery and tools that are used during the course of service delivery
Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar working environment
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with team members
- A valid Australian Driving Licence
- Experience on Mobile Plant/Tractors would be an Advantage
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions.