Airport Reporting Officer - FIFO
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
EOI - Airport Reporting Officer - Pilbara Region
Ventia Living services are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from an experienced Airport Reporting Officer. This is a FIFO role on an 8/6 roster on a mine stie in the Pilbara region. Point of Hire is Perth.
- Competitive Salary and career development opportunities
- Collaborative Team environment where you are valued for your efforts
- Fantastic discounts available using the VenPerks employee benefits programme
Ventia has been engaged to provide hard and soft facilities management services including village maintenance, accommodation and the management of an aerodrome facility at the village mine site located in the Pilbara region.
About the Role
Reporting to the Village Manager, the Airport Reporting Officer (ARO), is responsible for maintaining compliance with the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) Part 139, Aerodrome Manuals and Safety Management Systems (SMS) that are in place. The role will also involve maintaining to a high standard all gardens and lawns (both airside and landside), open areas (landside), and airport terminal/s and facilities.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out allocated works programs and undertaking minor repairs of services associated with airport pavements, runways, markers, line markings, lighting, drains, wind indicators, visual slope indicator systems, fencing and other critical systems, grounds and other facilities.
- Maintaining the terminal and airside security control, including managing airside access, escorts and issuing of Visitor Identification Cards.
- Responding to emergency and security situations, accidents and participate in regular exercises.
- Enforcing the provisions of the SMS, to ensure all persons operating Airside, and specifically within Aircraft movement areas operate in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensuring presentation of terminal, landside areas and facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- Conducting daily inspections of the runway
Experience & Qualifications
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Current unrestricted WA “C” Class Drivers Licence
- A current Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Ability to work pro-actively in an outdoors environment in all weather
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service
- The ability to pass a medical, including drug and alcohol tests
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer & Aerodrome Works Safety Officer Certificate from an approved authority would be an advantage
- Aircraft Radiotelephone Operator Certificate of Proficiency would be desirable
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (or ability to obtain)
- Current White Construction Safety Card (or ability to obtain)
All applicants must be willing to undergo and successfully complete:
- A police check that is less than 6 months old
- Ability to pass a pre-employment full-functional medical including drug and alcohol testing
- Provide proof of your right to live and work in Australia
One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia, is a dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
About the Company
Ventia’s facilities management solutions enables our clients across a broad range of sectors to focus on their core business. We provide facility management services including building and open space maintenance, operations, asset management, project management and delivery services.
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
If you have the above skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
Position Reference Number: 156225