Heavy Rail Plant Operator (WMC3)
Job Type: Full time
Heavy Rail Plant Operator
At V/Line we are committed to helping people get to where they want to go. With a diverse range of roles, we have a passion for helping our people be their best.
Reporting to Track Supervisor, could you be one of our new Heavy Rail Plant Operators?
The purpose of the Heavy Rail Plant Operator is to operate plant used to lay, align, repair, and maintain railway tracks.
About the role:
- This position runs on 10 days on, 4 days off rotating roster:
- Mornings: Day shift – 7am to 5:30pm
- Nights: Night shift – 8pm – 6am
- Travel Victoria! This position will be based throughout Victoria. There will be a requirement to work away from home.
- The Team Culture is very important to this team. They pride themselves on being friendly, supportive, and collaborative.
- This position is required to operate / drive a truck and or plant in the medium to heavy category.
- Carry out tasks for the renewal and/or maintenance work related to the rail infrastructure.
- Participate in the replacement or renewal of track work and crossing work materials i.e., sleepers, rail, ballast, fastenings etc
- Safely operate the plant and trucks as required.
- The successful candidate will have a large safety focus and a team player attitude.
- Cert II in Rail Infrastructure is highly regarded, otherwise achievement within first 6 months of employment is essential.
- Safe Working Certificate 1-3
- Heavy articulated/Multi Combination Truck Drivers License
- Loader / Backhoe / Excavator (12 tonnes and above) competence as required
The salary for this position will be paid in accordance with the EA level IMW (Track) 2.2 ($42. 4808ph) The selection process may include aptitude assessments, a behavioural event interview, probity (police) check and medical check
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply for this Position' below.
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.