Project Engineer – Signals & Communications
Job Type: Full time
Project Engineer Signal & Communications
At V/Line we are committed to helping people get to where they want to go. Whether that’s getting our customers to their destination or our people to their dream career, we have a passion for helping our people be their best.
Reporting to the Project Manager – Signal & Communications (development), could you be our new Project Engineer - Signal & Communications.
The primary objective of the Project Engineer- Signal & Communications position is to effectively conduct the development phases for signals and communications assets within MPM Program.
What this role offers:
- Security. This is a Permanent, Full-time role.
- Learn and grow with us! This position offers exposure to a very diverse range of projects within the signalling space which can lead to career progression within the organisation.
- Succeed with us! This well-planned role is set up for success being part of the established and supportive Asset Management & Performance (Development) Division.
- Work Life Balance. Have your Career and personal life well balanced with a 38-hour work week.
- Work from Home. VLine is supportive of flexible hybrid working arrangements.
- Documenting stakeholder requirements and developing options to address their needs.
- Undertake benefits analysis and reporting on the success of the individual projects against performance targets.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients, both internal and external to support effective project outcomes.
- Assisting the Project Manager with key tasks to deliver key projects in a timely manner.
- Management of signalling and communications design activities to ensure the successful delivery of designs, i.e., Document approvals, Overlapping Design Agreements, site inspections, technical queries, design review comment closures, safety in design workshops
- Internal and external stakeholder management for the full lifecycle of design development including preparation of request for quotes, contractor evaluations and engagement, regular progress meetings, design submissions through to closure
- Co-ordination of project operational specifications and permits
- Relevant Engineering Tertiary Qualifications – Electrical, electronic, comms, software, network
- Current Driver’s License
- Experience in the delivery of projects within the signal/communications engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of industry standards within signalling/communications
- Excellent communication, time, and stakeholder management skills.
For a Confidential discussion on the Salary for this position, please contact Lara Janssen, Talent Acquisition Business partner on 0448 728 547 or email me at email@example.com
The selection process may include aptitude assessments, a behavioural event interview, probity (police) check and medical check.
To apply for this position, please click 'Apply' for this Position' below.
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.