Advisor - Risk Management
Job Type: Full time
Advisor – Risk Management
- Friendly supportive team environment
- Job security with a well-known Victorian name
- EA Rates including superannuation, leave loading and free myki
Do you want a corporate career combined with lifestyle? With over 2000 employees, locations throughout Melbourne and Regional Victoria and a true commitment to workplace flexibility, why not have your dream career and the lifestyle you want?
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Risk Advisor, this is an exciting opportunity to further develop your skills and knowledge whilst providing effective management of all risks within the Network Development, Assets and Maintenance (NDAM) Group. This includes Assets, Asset Class, Projects, and Operational and Safety risks.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Engaging risk owners, control owners, project managers and subject matter experts to ensure that the risks are identified, risk control effectiveness assessed, and risk treatments to further improve the risks are identified, tracked, and implemented.
- Responsibility for providing expert advice and training to NDAM staff in all matters relating to management of NDAM risks.
- Minimising uncertainty, enabling the NDAM group and V/Line to achieve Corporate Objectives, manage risks within V/Line’s approved risk appetite and comply with the statutory obligations.
- Managing, monitoring, analysing operational risk management activities for NDAM and recommend value-adding improvement suggestions.
- Preparing risk reports for Senior and Executive Leadership Teams.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to plan and facilitate risk workshops, engage and communicate with key stakeholders. You will also be able to deliver risk training effectively and efficiently to the NDAM staff to improve risk maturity within the organisation.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Business, Commerce, Finance, or another relatable discipline
- Risk Management Qualification or formal training
- Sound understanding of ISO 31000: Risk management and demonstrated practical experience within a project/general risk management role
- Demonstrated alignment to V/Line’s values of responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect, leadership, and human rights.
For a copy of the position description and confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply' below.
What we can offer
An attractive salary package paid in line with the V/Line Rail Operations and Administrative Employees Agreement 2019 is on offer including 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, free MYKI card, as well as further learning and development to progress your career within V/Line.
The selection process may include aptitude assessments, a behavioural event interview, probity (police) check
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.