Asset Integration Specialist OCS
Job Type: Contract/temp, Full time
Asset Integration Specialist – OCS
At V/Line we are committed to helping people get to where they want to go.Whether that’s getting our customers to their destination or our people to their dream career.With a diverse range of roles, we have a passion for helping our people be their best.
Reporting to Senior Asset Integration Engineer could you be our new Asset Integration Specialist - OCS?
The role of the Asset Integration Specialist – OCS is to provide maintenance interfacing support and project engagement between the Victoria's Big Build and Technical Service (Infrastructure) throughout the Project Lifecycle. The focus is to ensure critical maintenance requirements are defined, considered, and integrated from early project development, planning & design, commissioning & infrastructure handover.
This role offers immersive exposure to navigating major project interfaces, steering system change management, and fostering cross-functional alliances within the Asset Management and Projects division.Enrich your learning curve and carve a pathway for professional growth!
About the role
Thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment – this role gives you the opportunity to exercise problem solving prowess, drive quality and promote continuous improvement, leveraging your combined interests, proficiencies and experience in Asset Management and Project Management.
This role supports the Big Build Initiatives across Victoria by managing maintenance interfacing and integration across V/line’s diverse Operational Technology Assets (including Train Control System, Signalling Communications Network, Level Crossing Monitoring, and associated Infrastructure).
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensure that critical OCS System Maintenance requirements are defined and integrated into all state and 3rd party projects throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Participate in various project engagement workshops in collaboration with V/line’s SMEs and review respective project deliverables to ensure that system maintenance requirements are met.
- Review the accuracy and completeness of compliance documentation/artefacts arising from Work Readiness and Projects such as: Testing & Commissioning plans, Spares and O&M manuals etc. to ensure that our Maintenance stakeholders are ready to fulfill their maintenance tasks upon infrastructure Commissioning and Handover.
- Functioning as the first point of contact on Network Maintenance related state project queries. The Specialist will be required to support on RFIs, Testing and Commissioning activities, Training needs and site specifics queries by working collectively with the respective Technical Service counterparts.
- Participate in final defect and commissioning walks with Technical Service Supervisors or delegate to support the state project commissioning and handover activities. Provide internal assurance that the critical construction/system defects are being identified and rectified within agreed timeframe prior to Project Completions and Handover.
The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of experience in Operational System and Technology environment, preferably with supervisory experience and comprehension of OSI model.
The successful candidate will possess:
oDemonstrated accountability for driving results and solving problems.
oStrong and effective communication with stakeholders by providing considered and specialised advice and guidance on critical maintenance matters.
oEffective time management skills to prioritise concurrent project activities and allocate the required attention in a dynamic and challenging environment to meet project deadlines.
oComplex Networking (LAN, WAN, Layer 2 and 3 devices)
oConversant with serial communications devices and protocols
oTrain Control System
oRemote access technology (e.g. terminal services, VNC, TeamViewer, NetOp, KVM)
How to Apply
Please use the ‘Apply’ button to submit your application and attach a cover letter and current resume.
The successful applicant will be paid commensurate with experience. For any queries please contact email@example.com .
The recruitment and selection process may include a safety test, behavioural and/or technical interviews and employment references.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including, probity (police) checks, medical assessment, and Australian entitlement to work. Employees of V/Line are required to maintain a valid Working with Children Check Victoria (Employee) for the duration of employment.
What we can offer
Applications will close at 11.59 pm on Sunday, 1st October 2023.
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.