Job Type: Full time
Procurement Manager - Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Hybrid Working Flexibility in a central CBD location
- Incredible opportunity to work within a dynamic team in a stable organisation
If you want a corporate career combined with lifestyle, then V/Line can take you there.With over 2700 employees, locations throughout Melbourne and Regional Victoria and a true commitment to workplace flexibility, why not have your dream career and the lifestyle you want.We can get you there with free myki travel.
About the role
The objective of SRM framework is to develop two-way, mutually beneficial relationships with strategic contracted supply partners to deliver value for money (full contract value), risk management (operational risk, commercial risk, regulatory risk), performance management (measure, report, support) and continuous improvement (innovation, collaboration, joint planning). You will work extensively with the business stakeholders and supplier account management teams.
Whilst this position sits within the broader SRM team, this role will focus specifically on ICT contracts.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Managing end to end contract life cycle
- Engaging with stakeholders to understand organizational objectives and supplier landscape, to create and strengthen partnerships with our suppliers and deliver on our goals
- Implementing supplier treatment plans, managing communication, and ensuring the successful growth of the supplier population
- Articulating our innovation needs, and facilitating a means to capture, review and respond to supplier proposals
- Performing research and maintaining a connection to the market and best practices in SRM to implement within V/Line.
- Ensuring that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out
- Proactively engage with and seek feedback from supplier and internal stakeholders, taking ownership of vendor communication to improve buy/sell side dynamics, supplier performance, and relationship satisfaction.
Remuneration for this position will commence at a base salary of $145,000 and be paid commensurate with experience.
You are a Procurement Manager with ICT contract expertise. You have demonstrated experience working in procurement and full contract lifecycle, Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management and come with very strong commercial, strategic thinking, and negotiation skills.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated alignment to V/Line’s values of responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect, leadership and human rights.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good stakeholder management and influencing skills
- The ability to manage priorities and adapt to meet the requirements of the team and business stakeholders.
- Complete end-to-end contract life cycle experience, from Sourcing to Contract (STC) through contract management and P2P (Procure to Pay) with ICT Software Contracts (Highly Desirable)
- Experience delivering key procurement artefacts (e.g. Procurement plan, Sourcing strategy, RFx/RFT/RFP/EOIs). (Desirable)
- Victorian Government Purchasing Boards (VGBP) experience (desirable)
How to Apply
Please use the ‘Apply’ button to submit your application, including a cover letter and current resume.
The recruitment and selection process may include aptitude assessments, behavioural and/or technical interviews and employment references.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including, probity (police) checks, medical assessment, and Australian entitlement to work. Employees of V/Line are required to maintain a valid Working with Children Check Victoria (Employee) for the duration of employment.
Initial enquires can be made to Kim Tan, Acting Talent Acquisition Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to free myki travel, we offer:
- Community impact – Make a genuine difference. Work in a role that connects Victorians, every day.
- Huge potential – We’re transforming, and you can to. Be a change maker, recognised for your contribution and creativity.
- Dynamic environment – V/Line operates in a constantly changing space. Join a fast-paced and exciting organisation.
- Collaborative team – You’ll be part of the broader Corporate Services team. Surround yourself with talented, passionate peers.
- Flexible working – We support flexible working. Work in a way that supports you to thrive in your role.
Applications close: Monday 2nd October 2023 at 5pm
V/Line is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.