Senior Test Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Senior Test Analyst
- Newly created role
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Free Myki travel
V/Line is experiencing significant growth. We’re delivering more services, more trains, cheaper fares, and major projects.
With more than 3,700 weekly train and coach services, an expansive freight network and huge rail investment, millions of Victorians depend on us to deliver. You could be one of our 2,500 committed team members who are up to the challenge.
About the role
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Senior Test Analyst is responsible for creating and executing functional and non-functional test cases as well as raising and tracking software defects throughout the testing lifecycle. You will be required to perform testing on long-term reporting and complex analytical systems, as well as investigate and develop new software to ensure it meets business requirements and quality criteria. You will play a key role to forge strong links between the reporting and analytic capability, IT and business stakeholders and further enhance V/Line business systems consistent with IT strategy and direction.
Utilising your experience with complex testing scenarios and test automation you will work on a mix of BAU activity and new projects, by leading and advising on testing strategy you will contribute to the success of new and existing products and how they integrate into our critical business systems.
Remuneration for this position will be in line with the V/Line Rail Operations and Administrative Employees Agreement 2019, the successful applicant will be paid in the range of $84,681 - $117,886 (base) determined in line with skills and experience.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Advanced proficiency in testing methodologies
- Proficiency in software testing tools (e.g., Azure DevOps, JIRA, Zephyr)
- Knowledge of API testing using tools such as Postman or SOAPUI
- Experience in test automation using tools such as Selenium, Cypress, or Tosca
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., C#, Java, Python)
- Understanding of databases and ability to write SQL queries
- Competence in developing testing strategies for serverless technologies and microservices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field – desirable
- ISTQB or Advanced Test Analyst or Agile Testing Certification – desirable
- AWS or Azure or other cloud fundamental level certification or experience – desirable
- Rail industry experience is desirable
- Demonstrated alignment to V/Line’s values of responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect, leadership and human rights.
Along with the technical skills above you will have the ability to work on and prioritise multiple initiatives, leadership qualities and a continuous improvement mindset.
How to Apply
Please use the ‘Apply’ button to submit your application.
The recruitment and selection process may include aptitude assessments, behavioural and/or technical interviews and employment references.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including, probity (police) checks, medical assessment, and Australian entitlement to work. Employees of V/Line are required to maintain a valid Working with Children Check Victoria (Employee) for the duration of employment.
In addition to free Myki travel, we offer:
- Community impact – Make a genuine difference. Work in a role that connects Victorians, every day.
- Huge potential – We’re transforming, and you can too. Be a change maker, recognised for your contribution and creativity.
- Dynamic environment – V/Line operates in a constantly changing environment. Join a fast-paced and exciting organisation.
- Collaborative team – You’ll be part of the broader Corporate Services team. Surround yourself with talented, passionate peers.
- Flexible working – We support flexible working. Work in a way that supports you to thrive in your role.
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.