Vehicle Fleet Manager
Job Type: Full time
Vehicle Fleet Manager
- Develop and innovate the way we manage light vehicles across V/Line
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Free MYKI travel
V/Line is experiencing significant growth. We’re delivering more services, more trains, cheaper fares, and major projects.
With more than 3,700 weekly train and coach services, an expansive freight network and huge rail investment, millions of Victorians depend on us to deliver. You could be one of our 2,500 committed team members who are up to the challenge.
About the role
This newly created role oversees our light vehicle management across V/Line. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Vehicle Fleet Manager looking for their next challenge, utilising their existing experience to set up and mange V/lines fleet activities which includes the review, streamline and updating of processes for a fleet of over 300 vehicles.
You will lead the management of assets including their risks and costs and manage the servicing, procurement, compliance and stakeholder engagement, in turn driving improvements for V/Line to best manage its drivers and vehicle needs.
Some of your key accountabilities will include;
- Managing and coordinating the procuring, commissioning and decommissioning of fleet
- Ensure compliance with Heavy Vehicle National Law
- Managing maintenance activities of leased and owned vehicles
- Reviewing and administering arrangements with the vehicle leasing / hire providers
- Undertaking assurance related activities related to licencing, registration, insurance, roadside assistance / recovery, application of processes and conduct annual and ad-hoc inspections
- Identifying, reviewing and implementing technology innovation opportunities
- Procurement and purchasing, including strategic evaluation, risk assessments and negotiations
- Developing the fleet strategy to strive for zero/reduced emissions
- Ensuring adherence and compliance to the V/Line Management System (VMS) (which includes ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO14001 requirements) across the business and groups
- Meeting strategic, risk and financial management objectives
Remuneration for this position will up to $170,000 (total package) and will bedetermined in line with skills and experience.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A demonstrated amount of senior experience in internal vehicle fleet management within a large organisation
- Advanced experience in business planning and regulatory issues
- Demonstrate capabilities in financial reporting and budgeting and the whole of fleet life costing
- Operational improvement, innovation and monitoring of KPIs will be elements you thrive on delivering
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Proven ability to diagnose operational problems quickly and identify potential issues
- Sound ability to influence and present key findings to gain agreements or put forward business solutions
- Proven experience in the transport industry or similar, managing vehicle maintenance and servicing
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent is desirable
- A Valid Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated alignment to V/Line’s values of responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect, leadership and human rights.
Along with the technical capability you will have the ability to build critical relationships and stakeholder buy in and engagement, leadership experience, along with good communication and organisational skills. A keen interest in future fuels and technology innovations will be highly regarded.
For a copy of the full position description please contact Marie-Anne Ramondino, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partnerat MarieAnne.Ramondino@vline.com.au
How to Apply
Please use the ‘Apply’ button to submit your application.
The recruitment and selection process may include aptitude assessments, behavioural and/or technical interviews and employment references.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including, probity (police) checks, medical assessment, and Australian entitlement to work. Employees of V/Line are required to maintain a valid Working with Children Check Victoria (Employee) for the duration of employment.
In addition to free Myki travel, we offer:
- Community impact – Make a genuine difference. Work in a role that connects Victorians, every day.
- Huge potential – We’re transforming, and you can too. Be a change maker, recognised for your contribution and creativity.
- Dynamic environment – V/Line operates in a constantly changing environment. Join a fast-paced and exciting organisation.
- Collaborative team – You’ll be part of the broader Corporate Services team. Surround yourself with talented, passionate peers.
- Flexible working – We support flexible working. Work in a way that supports you to thrive in your role
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.