Advisor - Environment & Sustainability
Job Type: Full time
Advisor - Environment & Sustainability
- Work in a role where no two days are the same, supported by a tight knit team
- Stable organisation that supports your professional development
- Clerk C2 ($84,681) to SNR OFF D02 ($117,886) + Leave Loading + Super
V/Line’s purpose is to connect Victorians through safe, reliable, and accessible transport. We believe in giving all Victorians opportunities through travel and transport – connecting them to jobs, education, family and friends, services, tourism and trade.
V/Line is experiencing significant growth and we’re delivering more services, more trains, cheaper fares, and huge projects. With more than 3700 weekly train and coach services, an expansive freight network and unprecedented rail investment, millions of Victorians depend on us to deliver. You could be one of our 2700 committed team members who are up to the challenge.
About the role
As the Advisor - Environment & Sustainability, you are integral to the success of V/Line’s Safety, Sustainability and Risk (SSR) Group.
You will assist V/Line in growing it’s understanding of environmental and sustainability risks, whilst creating awareness and accountability across the business. You will undertake environmental assurance inspections at a range of sites; including depots, maintenance facilities fuel points, and ensure their compliance with Australian Standards and legislation.
Whilst this position will support the broader team, there will be a specific focus on regulatory compliance, including contamination.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Delivery of assurance activities, including audits, site inspections, environmental applications, and risk assessments.
- Supporting sustainability project design and risk assessments for construction projects
- Supporting the undertaking sustainability and environmental data management and analysis, and development and delivery if associated improvement activities
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, increasing their engagement for improved sustainability and environmental outcomes
- Working collaboratively with the broader Health, Safety, Sustainability and Risk team to resolve environmental issues.
Accredited auditing training can be provided to the successful candidate, as part of their professional development.
Site visits & the requirement to travel
This role requires travel to sites throughout regional Victoria. It’s a great way to get out to the regions and see our beautiful State!
The role is primarily based at our Flinders Street office, however approximately 1-2 days per week undertaking assurance and compliance activities across the network.
You are a self-drive, independent worker who enjoys managing their own schedule. You have a skill for communicating environment and sustainability messaging, supported by strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated alignment to V/Line’s values of responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect, leadership and human rights
- Experience in undertaking on-site environmental audits and inspections in an industrial, transport or construction setting, and/or ISO 14001 auditing
- Previous experience in a similar role, with exposure to risk assessments
- Excellent working understanding of Victorian environmental legislation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability or related discipline
For further inquiries, please reach out to Kim Tan on firstname.lastname@example.org
The base salary for this permanent, ongoing role is in the range Clerk C2 ($84,681 p.a.) to SNR OFF D02 ($117,886 p.a.), plus 17.5% leave loading and superannuation, in accordance with the current V/Line Rail Operations and Administrative Employees Agreement 2019.
This is a Medical Category 3 role.
In addition to free myki travel, we offer:
- Community impact – Make a genuine difference. Work in a role that connects Victorians, every day.
- Huge potential – We’re transforming, and you can to. Be a change maker, recognised for your contribution and creativity.
- Dynamic environment – V/Line operates in a constantly changing space. Join a fast-paced and exciting organisation.
- Collaborative team – You’ll be part of a broader supportive team. Surround yourself with talented, passionate peers.
- Flexible working – We support flexible working. Work in a way that supports you to thrive in your role.
How to Apply
Please use the ‘Apply’ button to submit your application, including a current resume.
The recruitment and selection process may include aptitude assessments, behavioural and/or technical interviews and employment references.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including, probity (police) checks, medical assessment, and Australian entitlement to work. Employees of V/Line are required to maintain a valid Working with Children Check Victoria (Employee) for the duration of employment.
V/Line is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.
Applications Close: Tuesday 5th December at 5pm