Sr. Manager, APJ Cloud Economics
Job Type: Full time
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The Senior Manager, APJ Cloud Economics role gives you the opportunity to help VMware’s largest and most strategic customers and prospects shape their cloud transformation strategies and business models by quantifying and communicating the economic benefits of VMware Cloud on AWS, GCVE, OCVS to a broad audience of senior financial customer executives (CFO level). You will be a focal point for all business value, TCO, ROI, business case and financial discussions with our customers and partners.
You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with VMware cloud specialist sales, system engineering, value engineering, application and cloud transformation, marketing, partner and core sales teams to create and drive business value and financial conversations. You will share your expertise and enable the broader VMware field organization to understand how to incorporate the business value of VMware Cloud into their account plans and sales strategy.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
You will build your understanding of VMware solutions and offering across Multi Cloud during your initial months on the Cloud Economics team. You will get hands on knowledge of our economic models and frameworks that quantify VMware’s Multi-Cloud benefits.
To be successful in the role you will ideally come from an environment where you performed the following:
- Experience in business development, valuing business outcomes, management consulting, financial advisory, commercial deal structuring, infrastructure solutions sales or IT Management experience.
- Experience working in or with leading cloud services organizations
- Experience working with senior executives (both IT and Finance), IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premises, virtualized and cloud IT Infrastructures.
- Working experience with detailed business case development, financial modeling and analysis of large-scale technology investments
- Experience working in the sales cycle, either directly, or as a pre-sales resource
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
The role of a Senior Manager in Cloud Economics involves driving business case, value analysis, TCO and ROI-related business development activities within VMware, supporting the Sales organization and Partner teams on ROI/economic related customer and partner engagements and build thought leadership on value topics in collaboration with marketing. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of IT applications and infrastructures. You will engage directly with our customer's CFOs and their organization to understand the impact of cloud on the business case and funding decisions. In appropriate cases, you will bring in other VMware resources as necessary to help our customers properly evaluate their IT options from an economic perspective.
The following are the key work activities and responsibilities you will be performing:
- Help our sellers drive VMware Cloud on AWS, OCVS, GCVE sales engagements by modelling and explaining the economics associated with our customers’ cloud strategies.
- Serve as a central resource for the specialist sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
- Develop and communicate market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using VMware Cloud relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers or in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Help develop and improve a standard business case / TCO framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the regional Sales, Partners, and Marketing teams.
- Create a repository of cloud economics cases studies to share learnings and benchmark data within the cloud specialist sales teams and with our partners.
- In conjunction with WW Cloud Economics and field enablement teams, help create Cloud Economics-related training programs and material for hyperscaler partners and customers so that they can properly address TCO and economic-related issues.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Tracie McGill, Senior Director leading the global Multi-Cloud Economics team. The Cloud Economics team is part of the Worldwide Cloud Technical Services team under Vice-President James Forrester’s leadership. Tracie’s leadership style is motivating, supportive and transparent. She encourages her team members to lead and live the values they bring to the team while being curious and creative in solving problems.
The Cloud Economics team is distributed globally in AMER, EMEA and APJ covering all industry segments and all routes to market. The work environment is collaborative, supportive and focused. The team members are unified by a common vision and outcome that aligns with VMware’s Multi-Cloud vision. There is great emphasis around knowledge where learning is characterized by creativity, courtesy and collaboration. Team members are encouraged to share ideas openly and take up new initiatives.
Where is this role located?
This role is remote with a preferred location in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-09-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.