Senior Solution Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Ready to build? So are we!
Join VMware’s Tanzu team, made up of products and services to help customers build, run, and manage their most valuable applications. We build applications with velocity to run in any cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customer’s entire footprint with confidence.
If you have strong problem-solving abilities, can work both at high and low levels of detail, have experience architecting large scale enterprise applications and have exceptional communication skills, then this is the role for you.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for a Solutions Engineer who can learn our technology stack quickly and apply those learnings to our customers. You need to be able to work closely with your sales counterpart as a trusted partner and penetrate new and existing customers to articulate the benefits of modern application development, modern application platforms and multi-cloud.
- In the first 30-60 days you will get extensive training on the VMware product sets
- You will get introduced to your territories and work closely with the pre-sales team
- Within 90 days you will have started setting up a regular cadence with your customers helping them with existing and future business opportunities
- You will be starting to build value propositions and presenting technical solutions to these customers.
- Within 180 days you will be able to be more interactive with customers around using the technology, be hands on and start to demo more VMware Tanzu’s capabilities.
- You will start to feed back more to the team on opportunities, wins and use cases.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a Senior Solutions engineer, you are responsible for a number of regular activities, and these will vary depending on your professional strengths but could include:
- Preparation of presentations to customers
- Building of technical proposals
- Leading regular cadence discussions around current and future projects
- Build and help run a greater team strategy with different business units
- Tie VMware Tanzu technology to how it would assist the customers business outcomes
- Assist with customer satisfaction concerns
- Communicate in a timely fashion to customer requests
- Assist with regular business reviews
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is David Kari , Solution Engineering Leader. he/she has been leading teams for the last 18 years and understands the needs of SE’s and works closely with the team to ensure success.
Where is the role located?
While VMware supports staff working remotely, this role is based out of VMware’s Sydney office and is open to candidates in the surrounding area.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behaviour challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-09-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.