Specialist Solutions Engineer, End-User Computing
Job Type: Full time
Senior Specialist Solution Engineer, End-User Computing (EUC)
- Due to the tremendous success VMware has enjoyed especially in Canberra, an exciting opportunity exists within our growing Sales organisation for a Senior Specialist Solution Engineer for End-User Computing (EUC) business unit.
- At VMware we live by our EPIC2 values which are Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Our exceptional Presales Specialist SE are improving our customer's journey to an Autonomous Workspace through our portfolio.
- Are you passionate about the ground-breaking technology platform that is disrupting the competition and industry? The Sky is the Limit.
- You play an important role in building and sustaining customer relationships, while driving the adoption of our solutions to achieve our revenue goals. As an Specialist SE you’ll also work very closely with our extended sales teams to build long-term business relationships within assigned named accounts and territories. The SE role is a high-impact and highly visible senior position, responsible for ensuring pervasive adoption of VMware software and solutions and assisting in closing transactions within your accounts.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
- Your EUC technical knowledge (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Unified Endpoint Management, Azure Active Directory/Okta/Ping, etc) with be front-and-centre.
- Day in day out, you talked to all our customers as well as prospects on their digital workspace needs. You will demonstrate the solution capabilities through presentations, technical validations, architectural designing, and Proof-of-Concepts (to name a few).
- Without you, as a respected and valued member of the EUC Solution Engineering team, the sales process wouldn’t advance!
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within 30 days of employment, you will be onboarded and ready to begin your new Career. You will have received your equipment and been through a virtual onboarding process to ensure that you are comfortable with VMware processes and systems.
- Within 60 days you will have completed shadowing with a mentor, who will show you a day in the life for your new role and will answer questions that you have regarding the role and its requirements. You will have been introduced to the account teams you will be supporting and will begin to interact with customers.
- Within 90 days you will be actively involved in opportunities. You will be demonstrating products and conducting our solution demo, potentially proof of concept for customers.
- Within 180 days you will be considering joining a Champions team, which is a special team of engineers who know a particular technology very deeply, where they can share that knowledge with the greater team. Also, you will take the VMware certifications to officially get certified!
- Within 360 days you will be planning for a mid-to long-term career planning cycle and mapping out your long-term career goals at VMware while continue to help your customers transform (to the North Star of Autonomous Workspace).
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Participate in Presales efforts including: technical sales presentations, architecture design discussions, daring displacement, proof-of-concept engagements, RFP/RFI responses, solution demonstrations, and technical workshops
- Engage with clients at many levels (Solution Architects, VPs, Directors of IT, and Technical Administrators); building relationships, evangelizing EUC solutions, and providing domain expertise to assist in closing business
- Analyzes customer's business and technology goals by asking probing questions that are meaningful to the customer to collect information that enables the sales team to be more effective and responsive to customer’s needs
- Craft and propose custom solutions that differentiate End User Computing software and services to reach our customer’s desired goals/end-state.
- Internal Partnership: In addition to customer relationships, you will build strong partnerships with your internal teammates such as: Field Sales Specialists, Channel/Partner Account Managers, Client Executives (Core Sales), and many others.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of VMware and End User Computing solutions
- Assume the role of an EUC Subject Matter Expert and Advisor in EUC solutions
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
- This role reports to the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Specialist Solution Engineering Manager who is based in Melbourne.
- The culture of the team is very open, diverse and collaborative. We support each other, celebrate our wins, and share our mistakes and what we learned. The latter is key to building transparency, confidence, and a growth mindset.
- This role will be based in our VMware Canberra office and is open to candidates in the surrounding area.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types.
- Generous Time Off Programs.
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community.
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behaviour challenges, or developmental disabilities.
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.).
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes.
Any essential requirements for working at VMware?
- Being a member of the VMware Canberra team means you will be interacting with one of our biggest customers in ANZ: The Federal Government. We will ask you to maintain a current Government security clearance or be willing to apply for a clearance as a requirement of the role. The cost of a clearance is picked up by VMware but the Government requires you to be an Australian Citizen.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2023-03-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.