State Wide Apprenticeship and Traineeship Opportunities
Job Type: Not Specified
- Earn while you learn, with full mentoring and support
- Open the doors to a rewarding full-time career after completing your training
- Select your ideal job and location as you apply
Looking for a career-entry opportunity?
If you wish to become a nationally recognised tradesperson or want to gain a qualification in water or wastewater operations, your future career could be right here.
What’s in this for you?
As an apprentice or trainee, you’ll receive mentoring and support from some of the best in the industry with exposure to cutting-edge water technology. You will learn on the job and earn a great wage which increases every year. You’ll be on the pathway to greater things with accredited training, qualifications (which we pay for) and a fantastic range of flexible working options like a 9-day fortnight.
And there’s no FIFO. You can choose your ideal job in a location close to where you love to live.
The questions is: Which path will you take – Apprenticeship or Water Traineeship?
- Become a qualified tradesperson in 4 years
- Excellent wages: $38,867 plus 10.5% super, rising to $79,246 plus super in your 4th year
Locations and Trades – Choose your preferred in our application page
- Balcatta (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Mandurah (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Kelmscott (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Subiaco (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Subiaco (Perth) (Fitter Machinist Apprenticeship)
- Woodman Point (Fitter Machinist Apprenticeship)
- Albany (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Bunbury (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Busselton (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Cocos Keeling Island (Seeking locals only) (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Geraldton (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Kununurra (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Northam (Fabrication Apprenticeship)
WATER OPERATIONS TRAINEESHIPS
- Excellent starting salary to be confirmed with you shortly
- Complete a nationally recognised Cert II in water operations (1 year), then continue for 2 more years with your Cert III - all paid for by us!
Locations – Choose your preferred as you apply
- Geraldton (Traineeship)
- Moora (Traineeship)
- Busselton (Traineeship)
- Christmas Island (Seeking locals only) (Traineeship)
- You’ve completed year 12 (or year 10 in some cases) and don’t feel like Uni is for you
- A pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship is a huge bonus
- Working towards your driver’s licence or you hold a WA “C class” drivers licence already
- A good awareness of safety
- Enjoy working with your hands – some work involves heavy manual tasks, precision work in a workshop or field environments, and some handling of dangerous goods – Don’t worry, you’ll get all the training you need to keep safe
Interested? Click on “Apply Online ”
Only a basic CV is required. You’ll answer a few questions including your apprenticeship or traineeship location preferences and then we’ll be in touch.
We will ask successful candidates to complete some short online testing for maths and safety in the week commencing 17 Oct 2022.
All Water Corporation apprenticeship and traineeship positions start in Jan 2023 - we are recruiting now for 18 roles state-wide.
Applications close Sunday 16 October 2022
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
This opportunity is offered in accordance with Section 66ZP of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984. Youth candidates (17 – 24 years of age) who meet the selection criteria for this role will be prioritised for appointment.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9420 2000
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.