Job Type: Not Specified
We’re working to make WA a great place to live and invest. As well as being the principal supplier of water, wastewater, drainage and bulk irrigation services, we’re creating a sustainable future and finding new ways to create value for the State.
- Looking for a change of environment and to feel comfortable in your new environment as you will still be employed by Water Corporation.
- Happy environment for families with lots of activities for all
- Excellent fishing, boating and 4WD opportunities
- Subsidised housing provided
- Relocation costs will be considered
About the role
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an Operator / Senior Operator to be based at our Moora Depot . The successful candidate will be assisting the Team Leader in the operation and maintenance of the water supply and wastewater schemes within the district on complex schemes with technical complexity in remote locations with minimal supervision.
What the role will involve
- Participating in safe job planning, team meetings and workplace inspections.
- Demonstrating leadership by ensuring that all work is undertaken with safety as the first priority in the provision of a work environment where no injury is considered acceptable and all activities are undertaken without compromising health and safety.
- Operating, maintaining, monitoring and repairing water, wastewater and drainage assets, operational sites and public facilities as required.
- Participating in standby, overtime and call out availability rosters as required.
- Fill in for the Team Leader on an as-needed basis
Key skills and experience
- Completion of Certificate III National Water Package
- Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Experience in water supply and wastewater systems
- Ability to work after hours and participate on a standby roster
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Applications close Wednesday, 30th November 2022
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at email@example.com or 08 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website