Team Leader - Customer Systems Development
Job Type: Not Specified
- Prominent WA brand and purpose driven organisation
- 12 months maximum term opportunity, based in Balcatta
- Salary Level 6 – $123,176 + 10.5% Super
Advancing your career will advance our community too
Every Western Australian needs water to survive and thrive. So, we are looking for people who have a passion for meaningful, innovative work to help bring our vision to life, while facing up to the challenges of climate change.
You'll get to work flexibly alongside collaborators, creators, thinkers and doers to make a difference to lives all over WA.
Plus, you'll get the opportunity to carve a career path as diverse as the different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of our 3500+ people. Come thrive with us!
About the role:
This position will lead and manage a team of systems analysts and technical specialists in delivering information technology development, maintenance and support services for the core Customer applications within the Corporation and to our Customers and Community.
This is a 12-months maximum term opportunity, where you’ll be in a position to enjoy flexible working arrangements. Other benefits include but not limited to; Social Club, Mental health Wellness Leave, On-site gym, Salary packaging, Professional development opportunity.
What the role will offer:
- To use your solid project and resource management skills to manage a program of software maintenance and enhancement work.
- To use your strong interpersonal and communication skills to lead a team of analysts in creating value for our internal and external customers.
- A work environment where you can demonstrate your ability to work independently, or in close collaboration with team members and customers.
- The opportunity to influence the initiatives and outcomes that support the delivery of Corporate strategy.
- To use your sound analytical ability and familiarity and experience with formal IT techniques and methodologies to help shape solutions and project engagements, but also prepare us for the future.
Key skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in leading people
- Degree level qualification or substantial experience in a relevant discipline (e.g. business management, communications, Information Technology)
- Substantial experience in the support of core business applications/systems
- Ability to take a portfolio view across the business and critically evaluate service transition plans
- High level of communication and key relationship management experience
- Demonstrated implementation of Information Technology best practice
Apply : If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close 4 December 2022
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.