Health and Wellbeing Officer
Job Type: Not Specified
- Newly created position - $83,859 + Super + Benefits
- Contract opportunity for 6 months
- Flexible working available
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Health and Wellbeing Officer with a passion for wellness, to promote a strong culture of safety and wellbeing across our business.
We believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to be part of an innovate forward thinking and diverse team. This role will be based in our Leederville office.
What the role will involve
- Assisting to develop action plans to address identified health and wellbeing risks.
- Assisting in the administration of injury management and workers compensation processes within the Branch.
- Providing advice and support for minor incident investigation and reporting.
- Participate in providing a health and wellbeing centre of expertise within the Corporation.
- Participate in the development, delivery and maintenance of health and wellbeing education, training and promotional packages.
- Coordinating workplace inspections and risk assessments and the preparation of reports to ensure compliance with Corporate, legislative requirements.
Key skills and experience
- Ideally you will have a qualification in Occupational Health & Safety
- You will have great understanding of OSH legislation and practices
- Demonstrated capability to contribute to an effective team, team communication processes, and team commitment to continuous improvement.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Applications close 22nd March 2023
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at email@example.com
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.