Principal - Strategy
Job Type: Not Specified
- Are you a strategy expert who can facilitate and influence strategic decisions?
- Permanent opportunity
- $142,438 + Super + Benefits
About the role:
We are looking for a strategy expert who can drive the progression of the corporate strategy via the effective facilitation and influencing of strategic decisions. You will be responsible for coordinating and connecting the business to the corporate strategy as a valuable partner, able to effectively consult on strategy development, objective setting, implementation planning, establishment of measures and KPIs, whilst ensuring clear correlation and alignment to the overall corporate strategy.
You will be a key contributor in setting the strategic direction for the Corporation, leveraging robust external insights and contextual analysis, and play a critical role in assessing corporate performance.
You’ll be based in Leederville. It’s a lively suburb, 5 minutes from Perth’s CBD. There’s plenty of places to eat and hang out, and you’re only 5-minutes away from the nearest train station - An easy commute when you’re heading into the office.
What the role will involve:
- Work with Executive and Senior Management to assist in the interpretation of strategic direction and alignment to corporate strategy for Groups and Business Units through the creation of sub strategies, ensuring they are pragmatic and able to improve performance and value and align with the broader corporate strategy.
- Support in the development and coordination of both the five-year strategic development plan with the minister’s office as well as the one-year statement of corporate intent.
- Work with Executive and Senior Management to ensure that the Corporation has the right KPIs in place to drive performance improvement.
- Drive the design, implementation, and analysis of performance measures through the Corporate Performance Report (CPR).
- Conduct insightful analysis of external and internal factors to provide useful intel aiding better business decisions and progression of the corporate strategy.
- Communicate insights and findings in a clear and compelling way, with plain language that connects with the audience (Board, Executive, Senior Management), captures commitment, and enables clear decisions and actions.
- Support the business reporting for the annual report, ministerial reporting, and executive performance reviews.
Key skills and experience:
You’re a strategy and performance expert at heart with great experience in driving a strategic approach and communicating insights effectively to drive decisions.
You believe your extensive experience in relationship building and customer service is second to none. You have great understanding of clients wants and needs and take appropriate action to develop strong and collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
Your background and wide-ranging grasp of strategy development, business planning, contextual analysis, and stakeholder management and/or business consulting gives you the insights to continually improve ways of working - and find better outcomes for customers.
Ideally, you’ll have a degree-level qualification in business, engineering, science, or a related field, along with other relevant experience. A background in management consulting is highly desirable.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Applications close 23rd March 2023
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.