Project Engineer - Project Delivery
Location: Canning Vale
Job Type: Not Specified
- Undertake project management support to assist in the provision and management of the State’s water, wastewater, and drainage-related schemes.
- Fixed term position until the end of 2023
About the role:
As a Project Engineer within our Capital Project Delivery team, you will support the delivery of projects by coordinating scope, design, construction, commissioning, and handovers. You will be passionate about tackling issues facing the water industry in Australia while contributing to a high-performance culture within Water Corporation.
What the role will involve:
- Liaising with stakeholders both internal and external to Water Corporation in relation to the delivery of projects
- Acting as the Superintendent’s Representative on third-party contracts
- Providing technical assistance on projects by collaborating with design consultants, contractors, and suppliers
- Regularly inspecting construction sites and correcting hazards that may arise
- Assisting in the review of specifications and tender documents and making recommendations for acceptance
- Reporting on project outcomes and preparing project reports to ensure lessons-learnt are captured
- Ensuring activities are delivered in accordance with Water Corporation’s Project Management Procedures and OSH, Environment, and Quality Management Systems
Key skills and experience:
- Degree-level qualification in Civil engineering discipline
- Considerable water-related professional engineering experience including the definition/design of infrastructure assets and/or field practice within assets delivery
- Sound knowledge of the tendering, contract-award, and administration process
- Relevant experience in the investigation and analysis of project proposals
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and technical-writing skills
- Knowledge of Water Corporation’s infrastructure project management principles/processes is desirable
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close 28th of March 2023
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.