Location: Canning Vale
Job Type: Not Specified
About the role
We have a challenging role for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to assist in the provision of mechanical services in water & wastewater systems. We are seeking a mechanical trade qualified candidate, ideally possessing strong experience in fluid transfer systems. Firm commitment towards Occupational Health & Safety along with well-developed communication skills are essential for this position.
The role will involve:
- Assisting with the monitoring, operation, maintenance and repair of water and wastewater plant including but not limited to pumps, piping, manual or actuated valves and hydraulic systems
- Perform complex isolation and shutdown procedures on behalf of yourself, your immediate team or others
- Participation in a rotating 24/7 standby roster
- Trade qualified mechanical tradesperson
- Well-developed communication skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health requirements including hazard identification
- Current WA HR Class Drivers Licence
- Blue/White Card
- Current High Risk Work Licence – Dogging (DG) and Basic Rigging (RB)
- Experience and tickets for Confined Space and Working at Heights
This challenging role requires a proactive, organised candidate with high attention to detail who can work both autonomously or in a team environment.
Applications close 11th June 2023
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at email@example.com or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.