Job Type: Not Specified
- You’ll be based in Leederville, a vibrant suburb with plenty of cafes and places to eat, and an easy five-minute journey from the train station.
- Level 6 – $124,176 + 10.5% Super
- 12 month Fixed Term position
We have a 12-month Fixed Term opportunity for a Senior Engineer.
You will be responsible to undertake quality engineering design for water infrastructure assets and provide technical support and advice in planning, design, construction, commissioning and operations of water infrastructure assets.
This role is based in our Leederville office.
Now to the fundamentals of this role:
- Developing and deliver strategic reports and designs for the solution of infrastructure problems using in-house or external resources.
- Preparing briefs for the engagement of consultants, evaluate consultant proposals and report appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Monitoring design consultant performance within agreed time and budget constraints and ensure appropriate design criteria, client requirements are incorporated.
- Providing advice to and liaise with internal customers, external suppliers, service agencies, consultants, industry regulators and agencies in relation to infrastructure design.
- Maintaining focus on continuous review and improvement of quality processes and good practice design.
Key skills and experience:
- Degree level qualification in civil engineering discipline or relevant equivalent.
- Substantial water related professional engineering experience with considerable experience in design of water infrastructure assets.
- Relevant experience in and sound knowledge of a Design Manager/Project Manager role, and in the preparation and review of technical reports and tender specifications for water industry infrastructure.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of engineering principles and practices relating to water infrastructure assets.
- Sound knowledge of water related infrastructure assets and systems.
Does this role sound like your next career move? If yes, apply!
Please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close Friday 2nd June 2023
Please note: By applying for this role, you are consenting to your current and previous line managers being contacted as references. It is strongly recommended that all internal applicants advise their line manager of any applications for acting or permanent positions prior to applying.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences, and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected, and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection, and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at email@example.com or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion pleasevisit our website.