Employment Relations Specialist
Job Type: Not Specified
- Permanent Opportunity within ER team
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business
- Be part of a supportive & knowledgeable team
About the role:
It is an exciting time to join us. We are embarking on a new long-term strategy, Thrive2035, which will see us deliver on our purpose to manage water services sustainably to make WA a great place to live and invest, and our vision for our people, communities, and the state. We have a clear direction and are passionate about the journey ahead.
We have an opportunity for an Employment Relations Specialist to join our Employment Relations team on a permanent basis. As a key member of the ER team, reporting to the Manager - Employment Relations your main responsibility will be to provide expert ER advice to support our leaders to provide a great place to work for our employees.
In this hands-on role, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved with EA bargaining, disputes, performance management and engagement with Unions. Add to this case management, Fair Work hearings, and supporting line managers with expert advice and an immediate focus on implementing the IR reforms.
Working as part of a supportive & diverse team, you’ll pick up fresh insights from a group of ER professionals and you’ll have the opportunity to continue developing your skills on a variety of ER matters and projects.
Other key elements of the role include:
- Coaching and advising on the interpretation of enterprise agreements, modern awards and employment contracts
- Advising on technical aspects of investigations and advise on appropriate outcomes of investigations
- Responding to employee claims related to equal employment opportunity, unfair dismissal, unlawful termination and adverse action
- Participate in conciliation hearings before the Fair Work Commission, Industrial Magistrates Court and Equal Opportunity Commission.
- Develop papers for the People & Culture Committee, Board, and Executive Team to outline recommendations on employment relations initiatives
- Support the Water Corporation’s Enterprise Bargaining team and be an active team member of the Joint Consultative Committee with trade unions and employee representatives
As a seasoned ER professional, you will be degree-qualified and have experience within a similar role, with a strong understanding of relevant industrial and employment legislation.
Your strong influencing and negotiating skills will be key to interfacing with external stakeholders including unions and employee associations. You will have strong working experience in interfacing with the Fair Work Commission in respect to claims and disputes.
You will be able to build trust and credibility with internal stakeholders to provide advice on complex issues.
Great benefits on offer include:
Applications close 1st of October 2023.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Diversity and inclusion are more than words. They guide us on building a thriving workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community.
We encourage applications from every background, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth, LGBTQIA+ folks and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments, or alternative methods of communication in the recruitment process, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9420 2000.
To read our diversity and inclusion statement, please visit our website