Learning & Capability Manager (24 month term)
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Not Specified
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Learning & Capability Manager to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
Yearly corporate wear allowance
Professional development and educational assistance
And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Establish and maintain the Competency Management Framework, providing expert technical advice, contributing to the development of plans, procedures, and process documentation
- Oversee, maintain and measure the centralisation of training, utilising change management principles to ensure accredited and non-accredited training is delivered in alignment with the People Strategy andCompetency Management Framework
- Manage the planning and delivery of training and administrative functions
- Develop, review, and validate learning resources and assessments and manage the ongoing maintenance of courseware in a central repository, to enable the acquisition and transfer of knowledge when and where needed.
- Collaborate to create strategic partnerships with training providers, Registered Training Organisations, peak industry bodies and government agencies in new learning opportunities, grants, and workforce development initiatives in coherence with our strategic priorities.
- Engage with suppliers, funding schemes, payment obligations as per third party service agreements, and the administration of contracts.
- Advocate contemporary learning approaches for the organisation to improve performance and efficacy through effective stakeholder management and communication.
- Guide a team of learning professionals including performance development discussions, providing performance feedback, and coaching to drive a high performing culture.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum undergraduate degree or qualification deemed to be equivalent in education and training, adult learning, or Human Resources-related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Accomplished in a senior learning and development role driving change programs for white and blue-collar roles within a large, regulated organisation.
- Vocational education and training environment and associated reporting, auditing, and compliance requirements (RTO Standards).
- Proficiency in the application of adult learning principles, 70:20:10 framework and other contemporary learning methodologies, in the design, development and delivery of organisational training.
- Strong understanding of learning management systems and overseeing the instructional design of new courseware.
- Experience in drivinglarge-scale L&D projects, ideally either in customer service or operational environments, whilst prioritising resources and balancing priorities to deliver high value outcomes for the organisation, on time and under budget.
- A self-starter who can hit the ground running and can think creatively to resolve problems, be proactive, and use initiative to get things done to established KPI’s and within the confines of a regulated industry.
- Excellent conceptual and collaboration skills, including ability to present information and make appropriate recommendations to support strategic actions.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Azmine Amer (Talent Acquisition Partner) at email@example.com
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
Any personal information you voluntarily provide on this form is being collected by WaterNSW for the purpose of assessing your eligibility and suitability for employment with WaterNSW, in either the position you have applied for or other vacancies within WaterNSW that may arise in the future. Any inclusion and diversity information you voluntarily provide will be used for reporting purposes only and, if you decide not to disclose this information, will not impact the processing of your application. The information will be accessible to WaterNSW employees involved in the assessment of your application, which may include third parties engaged by WaterNSW for that purpose. For example, your information may be disclosed to your nominated referees, third parties engaged by WaterNSW to conduct background checks and or assessments (including identification checks, criminal history checks, or medial assessments), or as otherwise required by law. If you do not disclose any personal information, WaterNSW may not be able to process and assess your application to determine your eligibility and suitability for any position. You may make an application to access and correct your personal information at any time by contacting WaterNSW at firstname.lastname@example.org. Address : WaterNSW, Level 13, 169 Macquarie Street, Parramatta NSW 2150